Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sunday, August 16, 1998


What a difference a week makes.  Last Sun. our thoughts were on your trip home - now you've been home a week & Andy has his football equipment.

I was able to do some baking this past week, but it didn't cool off that much.  I'm looking forward to fall & cooler weather.

Barb has the first section of the porch rails just about completed.  This part goes faster.  Looks very nice.

I lost a filling in a back tooth so will see the dentist on Tues.  My 3rd visit in a short time after a 2 year absence.  Shouldn't let it go so long.

We've been watching golf from Redmond, Wn.  It's interesting.  Thurs - Sat. real nice weather - today, cooler & rainy.  It's a major & they are fun to watch.

This past week I finally got ambition & shortened 2 pair of lacks.  It's a job I don't like but a good feeling once it's done.


Kim & Lar have to decide on a car - if they buy the present one leased, it would mean a 5 yr. loan & they don't like that.  They are looking into a CRV Honda.  (I think it's Honda.)  But Kim prefers the regular shift & they are harder to find.  They'd like the color of their present wagon so 1st choice & a red as 2nd choice.  The salesperson is looking for one.  Wouldn't you know it - one was sold a couple of days before they called.  They get it in DuBois.  It will be a lease.


Dale went to Seaman's yesterday & got a fender for the Blazer.  First he cleaned it up good - it is good condition - no rust.  Then a coat of rust prevention & he spray paints it.  The Blazer had some dents so he got 2 new fenders thru the one who painted the El Camino.  It will look nice once he's completed the re-conditioning. It will be ready for winter.  Maybe this winter will be harsher.

Must write to Gen & I seem to have hit a blank.  Not much happens here.

It was great having you home & seeing how the boys have grown.  I'm proud of my grandsons as well as my sons & daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment