Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Friday, November 13, 1998


Have a couple of thoughts so I better get them down before I forget!  Plan to send the birthday pkg. soon so I won't have to wait in line nearer to Christmas.  Just stash it away Paul but don't forget where you put it!  One gift for JoAnna - the rest are Eddie's.  Your suggestion for JoAnna's gift came too late for birthday but it will be heeded.

Your letter was so clever & interesting.  Larry always enjoyed Boy Scouts.  Mr. Myers was the Scout Master & Lar & Bruce were very close friends.

I missed my Mon. nite out (trip to Mall & grocery shopping) so I'm looking forward to tonite.  Barb's done a lot of my Christmas shopping but I hope to do some tonite.  Hoped to walk over town this A.M. but the weather is showery.  ( did in the aft.  Turned nice.)


Dale went to the dentist this 8 A.M.  Teeth cleaned - no cavities.

Would have loved to have gone shopping with Andy.  It is quite unusual to have one so young like to shop for clothes.  When he's been here we most often looked at clothes.  I think it's great as Dale still doesn't like to shop - except for things for his car.

Maybe you'd like gift suggestions from us but my mind is a blank.  Dad doesn't need much except Depends.  His clothes don't wear out.  I don't need anything either.  Just having you all here will be great.  And you'll be staying at Camp.  That will be so nice for you.  Kim has a tree there - at least she did last year.  It should be beautiful out there esp. if we have snow.  And speaking of that - please don't forget winter jackets, mittens, etc.!!!  If it snows they boys can go sled riding at Beaty.


The next 2 yrs. will be very interesting politically.  Be fun to watch the "antics" of who will finally get the nomination in both parties.

I wrapped Christmas gifts last Wed. mainly to get them out of the bedroom.

Forgot to mention I like the paper you write the letters on.

It's 10 A.M. & Barb isn't up yet.  She's the opposite of me.  I like to get my work done early & have aft. free.  She works aft. & into the evening.

Sat A.M.

I'll add a p.s. as this aft. at 1 pm I get a perm & I really need one.  I put it off for a couple of weeks so it will be good for the holidays.  Then I can mail the letter as I want you to know I'm sending the pkg. early.

Yesterday Lar tore down the old steps & put new ones in.  They look so nice.  The old railings won't work so we'll have to get new ones.  Lar said you will share the cost as our Christmas gift.  So thanks so much.  As I said before we don't need anything.

Dale didn't work this A.M. but he's up there putting a new starter in the  Blazer.  It's harder to get at so he wanted to work up there - & to show off his work.  He is so thrilled - as thrilled as we were when we got a new car.  It really looks so nice.  No more junky cars for him.  He should be set for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment