Sunday, November 20, 2011

Friday, December 11, 1998


Larry brought our tree this aft. It is beautiful & smells so good. He gets them at a tree farm. Barb is putting the lights on & I'll help with the other decorations. We'll have to remember to keep it watered. Short needles.

We've had 2 sunny days in a row.  I like it.

Have most of my Christmas cards ready to mail.  Have to write letter to Gen & Millie.

Our neighborhood is really "lit up".  People across the street have lights outside on the front & side of the house. Keeney's (Johnson's house) have a lot of lights.  You'll see them in a couple of weeks.

We are glad JoAnna liked her gift.  Barb spotted it & thought it would be something JoAnna would like - color & all.

Dale waxed the Monte Carol & Blazer.  The Blazer has a shine that hurts your eyes.  It really shines.   We should take before & after pictures.  Dale is so proud of his cars.  He worked hard to get them in shape.

When will you leave for Two Rivers?  This might be the last letter as you'll be gone.  What happens to Boxer?


Your dinner (library connected) sounded interesting but I don't think I understand all the food you mentioned. Out of my category.  I'm too lazy to fuss.

When I read about your library, I couldn't help but contrast it with ours.  I'm so glad you are in such a good situation, & that the budget went thru.  Of course you have the U. of W. & that is a drawing card as well as the industry around.  We're just "small potatoes" around here.

I just turned on T.V. to watch The President's Cup at Melbourne, Australia.  The U.S. isn't doing so well.  It's not over there.  Barb stayed up last nite watching to the end - 2:30 A.M.  I went to bed at 10:30.  This is Dale's early week - 7 am to 4 pm.

Now it's Sun. pm.  I'm at the table with cake & coffee.  Want to get this in the mail Mon.

We have the ornaments on the tree & it looks so nice.  Still have a few gifts to wrap.

Got to church today.  Dad didn't cause any problems.

Last nite we had Orange Roughy for supper & Dale had steak - he's not a fish eater.  It was a good meal so I fixed an easy meal tonite - a baked chicken sandwich.  I hit a blank many times when it comes to meal planning.

We look forward to your visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment