Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sunday, September 27, 1998

We had a thunder storm this aft. & it rained heavily.  Barb got home just in time from a bike ride.  But the bad thing it affected the T.V. - no T.V. & I bet the football fans are furious.  It's close to 6:30 so it's been off a few hours.

Barb just called Kim & they don't have any power & don't know when it will be back.  A mini tornado o W. 5th - trees & wires down.  At least we have power.

We all received Andy's thank you cards.

I hope Eddie would like those tearaway pants as I saw a pair at Penney's & got them.  I also got him a legos helicopter set he said he'd like when he was here in Aug.  Plan to get him a top also.  (Shirt.)

Kim paid - interruption.  Barb said T.V. is back on - the last payment on the camp & as a celebration they went out to dinner at Nickel Inn last nite.  Pittsburgh is ahead of Seattle 13-10 with 3 1/2 min. left.  Hope they can win for a change.  They did!

The Mets didn't do so well in their final games - in fact they were awful.

I'd like to see Houston play in the World Series.   Time will tell.

Tomorrow after work Dale goes to Rochester for a Tues. session.  He doesn't want to go as he has a lot of work on hand & after work he wants to work on the Blazer.  He's anxious to get it painted.  He's hoping they'll say he won't have to go.  What I don't like - it's another Mon. nite & because Dale has the trip, Barb & I can't get to the Mall & the grocery store.  I look forward to getting out.

Since Fri. I've read 3 books.  2 were short one.  The last The Potter's Niece by Rona Randall was my favorite.  English novel.  Later setting - after the Puritans left England & settled here.  I enjoyed it & I didn't do  much but read - only the necessities.  Took place in England but some characters had been to "the colonies"


Mon aft.

Your letter arrived today - thanks for the pictures.  Your living-dining room area looks so nice.  The new area looks like a good place to read a book.  Enjoyed reading about the boys in your letter.

Finally it has cooled off.  Sept. has been such a warm month - not even cooling off overnite.

Tomorrow I see the Dr. for a checkup.  It's suppose to be a nice day so I can walk home & stop at C.V.S. & the bank.  Will cash a check for Oct. monthly expenses.

How did your fund raiser for Jon go.  Can't remember the last name & the letter isn't close by.

This A.M. Barb went shopping at the Mall.  S he got a navy Fall jacket at BonTon.  40% off.  It is nice looking & a good buy.  Has a zip out lining, also.

My favorite "soap" in on T.V. & I'm not writing but watching so will sign off with all our love.

P.S.  I found a baseball that must be Andy's.  An M on it - must be for Michigan.  Will keep it safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment