Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday, August 22, 1998


Your letter arrived this A.M.  Barb is busy painting the porch.  When she finishes this section the part from the windows to the step railing will be completed.  Looks so nice.

Mon. Lar & Kim go to Du Bois to pick up the newly leased CRV.  They got it in the silver Kim wanted.  I'm anxious to see it.  Thurs. Lar had a migrane headache - woke up with it.  Finally took the aft off & slept.  Took 7 aspirins.  He felt better when they came for supper so he worked at Carey's.

Wed. I got a final copy of Edna's will.  Interesting reading .  I'll enclose it for you to read.  Wed. nite I called Gen.  All is fine there.  Just wanted to "gab".  Thurs. I had a letter from Millie.  She broke her little toe getting up during the nite to close the living room window.  Linda was home & they went to gen's & Linda showed slides of her recent trip to China.  The last week of Aug. Millie will spend a week with Linda at the Cape.  Millie takes advantage of the bus that takes "Golden Agers" food shopping.  Several ladies who go together & were to go out to lunch this week.

I ordered Andy's birthday present from the Penney's folder he studies.  It will come this week. I'll mail it to the library in Sept.

Will Eddie come home after school now you can leave then alone.

Tues nite Dale leaves for Rochester for classes Wed-Fri.  Then he's on vacation the next week.  He's busy working on the Blazer for winter.

Last Wed I walked over town & closed out my checking account.  Had my Soc. Sec. check put into our chk. acct. since I write all the checks.  Then I went to D&K & found they had dark green towels I wanted for the bathroom off the kitchen.  Fri. nite at K Mart I got a dark green contour rug so I have 2 now.  They get washed often so I needed a 2nd one.  The dark green looks nice in there.

Lar has a card for Sam's Club & when Lar & Kim were there recently they saw some of your Christmas idea selections displayed & said sometime they'd take me along when they go so I could start my Christmas shopping.   I'm waiting for Penney's Christmas catalog to come.

It's been warm again so I'm looking for ward to fall & cooler weather.

[Enclosure]

No comments:

Post a Comment