Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday, December 5, 1998


Lar came over & put the rug down on the front porch.  It looks so nice.  Then he was going over to help the people, who bot Dr. Yorg's offices & home, move some furniture.  They have done a lot of work on the house.  They (L & K) are invited to a Christmas party there.

We had an emergency here!!!  I haven't been able to get our favorite & Andy's too - cheese - but today Barb found some at Bi Lo's.  So we are saved!  Andy would be disappointed.

Tho't I might have soup & pie for supper but changed the menu to hamburgers & pumpkin pie.  It's too warm for soup.  As I walked to get my hair done, I met a lady & she said "Happy Easter".  More like Easter weather than Christmas on the way.

The church is having or had by now a "cookie walk" (buy cookies) & a soup & pie luncheon.  I was asked to make 2 pies so I made 2 peanut butter pies.  Used "boughten" pie shells - graham cracker.

Barb put up lights & garland on the front porch.  Colored lights.  Everybody has white lights & the icicles lights so we are different.

Yolanda P. called last nite about the cooky walk as to time etc.  Mardi wondered if you'd be home at Christmas so I gave them the schedule.

Lar hopes there will be water at camp.  Many wells are dry.  You'll have to shower at home.  Come home in your p.j.'s.

We've gotten a few Christmas cards already.  I sent the West Coast cards off this A.M.  Still have notes to write.  My list get shorter as the older ones go to their "eternal reward". 

This A.M. when I was gone Dad asked Barb about finances.  He thinks too much & then gets worried.  I keep him informed but he forgets.  He has nothing to worry about - I'm not spending - just the necessities.

It's clouding up & showers are expected.

Sun. aft.

Have some cards ready to mail so I'll add a P.S. & get this in the mail.

Last nite about 1 A.M. I hard a noise when I got up, Dale got up.  It was Dad stark naked at the L.R. window.  It took an hour to get him back in bed.  Something was bothering him but I don't know what.  Barb got up also.  I just sat in the L.R. waiting for him to wind down which he did.  I didn't get up til 8 A.M. & Dad slept later.  So by the time he was ready to get dressed it was too late for me to get to church.

Barb isn't happy as Buffalo isn't doing that well but it's only the 1st half.

I'll walk over to the mail box at 5th & mail my cards.  It's warm again today but it sounds like the end is in sight.  I need cooler weather to give me a lift.   Welcome winter.  How long before I don't like that!  Good human aren't in charge of the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment