Saturday, November 26, 2011

Friday, January 29, 1999

Dad didn't know or realize it was our anniversary.  But I do have a lot of good memories.  It doesn't seem possible it is 54 years of marriage.

Finally found the belt I got Barb as a Christmas gift.  Had a feeling it was in Dad's closet.  But we looked there.  This A.M. I looked again & there it was hanging on a hook amid Dad's ties.

Gen called on our anniv. & John is in N. Italy skiing & on the way back will spend 2 days in Brussels.  A 10 day trip.  John will be 38 in Nov.  Gen wants grandchildren!

I'm sure you got an invitation to Charles wedding.  Each one of us got one.  Dad & I, Barb, Dale.  I'm sure Lar got one.  Naturally we won't be there.  Will you make it.  Should be interesting.  Lila & Gen will be alone again.  Charles will be 62 in May.  You'll have to tell lus all about it - I'm sure you'll try to make it.

Sounds like Andy is getting to be a good rebounder.  He's getting to be quite the athlete.

Lar & Kim stayed til 9 pm last nite.  A longer visit.  Dad wondered who was here & when were they going home.  He's out of it more lately.  Some nites he doesn't want to take off his trousers & then we're in for a "fight".  I want them off - he doesn't & gets made at me.  Then he wants to hit me & I grab his hands - he's strong but I'm stronger.  Finally he gives up & let's me put his p/j/'s on.  More fun!  But sad.

Mon. it's Feb.  Jan. wasn't bad at all in spite of all the snow.  And Feb. goes fast I hope for a nice spring.

I long for the Fri nites when we used to go out to eat.  I never have anything in mind for Dad & me.  Barb fixes something for herself & Dale has tacos.  (I fix.)  Usually it's fish or waffles for us.

Received your letter today.  Always glad to receive & read them.  Nice you write to JoAnna's folks.  I always wrote to both folks & they appreciated it.

Did you notice your classmate is running for Commissioner - also Andy Yurick, Jr. & the one from Sheffield. We need some young blood in there.  Should be interesting to watch.  It might help our library.  How did the Sun. opening go.  (Library)

No comments:

Post a Comment