Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sunday January 2, 2005


Guess what our "divided" household is doing?  Watching the Steelers & the Bills & Dale & my team is ahead so far.  Barb keeps saying the Steelers don't have to win but they play to win.  Dale & I are happy.

Yesterday was beautiful weatherwise & the noisy motorcycles were out.  Dale washed his cars & took his white "summer" car to Jamestown.  He got a DVD for himself.

Wed. Barb & I went to Jamestown.  Didn't buy much.  We had lunch at Ruby Tuesday & I enjoyed my lunch of tender pot roast, mashed pots. & broccoli.  It was delicious.

Thurs. nite we went to Lar & Kim's & had a nice evening.  She served baked ziti & it was delicious.  We all like pasta.  Kim made a pecan pie & i made an apple pie.

Yesterday I started the New Year by making dinner rolls & a coffee cake.  After lunch I* took a short nap & then took the decorations off the tree -- the tree & all the decorations are put away for another year.  I like things back to normal.  Kim keeps the tree up longer as well as the decorations.

I mentioned that Elsie Yaegle will be 90 this month & they are planning a party for the 8th at church.   Today Betty told me Elsie had a slight stroke over the holidays.

Barb sent Millie & Gen a picture of the 3 of us.  So Millie sent pictures of her apt. & of herself.  Her place looks very nice.  I can see why she is happy there.

I'm working on the puzzle & it is a fun one to do.

Later -- I just clogged up the kitchen sink & made a job for Dale.  It could be a blessing in disguise as when Dale opened up the pipe, he found a plastic picnic knife there.  How it get there is beyond me -- guess I wasn't watching closely enough. He didn't get disgusted with me.

The Steelers beat Buffalo & I can't believe how "down in the dumps" Barb is.  She was so sure Buff. would win.  To make it worse, Dale & I are happy.

My puzzle is almost finished.  I'll try to finish it now.

Jan 4, Tues.

Thanks for the pictures -- they are good.  Noticed the watch strap on your arm.  Barb is so happy the boys like their pictures.  She showed them to Lynn & Marisa saw them & tho't they were cool.

Enjoyed reading the article on Green Bay, the team, etc.  Read parts of it to Dale.  The $500.00 to start the games sure paid off.

Yesterday Dale jammed his finger & it is sore.  The nail is black & he has to be very careful at work.  If he hits it, it pains.  Tonite he said it is better.  A couple of fingers just healed up & now another one.

Jan 5. Wed.

I got the kitchen floor washed & garbage ready for Thurs.  I'll ad a few more words.  We have some snow -- it isn't snowing  now (10:30 A.M.) but more is expected this aft.  Storm warning thru Thurs A.M.

Barb shortened 2 pr. of jeans for Dale.  He told her I'm giving you a tip.  She tho't he meant he was going to give her some advice but he gave her 10.00 for doing the job.  That was nice of him.

I haven't been upstairs since I got dressed & Barb never gets up til 9 A.M.  She still isn't up so she must not be feeling well.

I finished my puzzle & have started another one.

Last Fri. Barb & I went to lunch.  We wanted to go to the coffee place for soup & dessert but it was closed til 3 pm.  So we went to Holiday Inn.  And Ted & Pat Benson, Ted's sister & their oldest daughter (lives in Portland, Ore) were there for lunch.  We talked a few minutes & I went to our table.  We had a nice lunch.  We stopped at BiLo for some last minute groceries & what a mad house.  Both in the store & in the parking lot.  Was glad to get out of there safely.

Thurs A.M. the 6th 7:45 A.M.

No school today -- snow & icy roads.  Was awakened at 5 A.M. from the noise of plowing snow.

I got a kick out of your story of having to go to the downstairs bathroom at Cindy's.  You'll have to limit your liquids after 6 pm  Ha! Ha!

Your thanksgiving turkey looks lushious, or would delicious be a better word.  It looked good, and so did your table.


No comments:

Post a Comment