Monday, July 1, 2013

Sunday, November 7, 2004


Dale & I are excited with the Steelers & how well they are laying with a rookie QB.  It's so nice to see them win again.  Barb is still a Buffalo fan.  I've just been waiting for Pittsburgh to get good again -- like the days of yore!  When was it the 70's with Terry & all the good players.  And I can't recall their names.  Shame on me.  I'll have to learn present team names like Bettes & the QB has a long last name. They call him Big Ben &^ the guys are behind him 100%.

We got a new telephone -- we've called out but we've had no incoming calls. Elections are over.

It's been a beautiful day here.  I picked a rose bud today.  But snow is forecast over nite -- showers, I hope.  But we're lucky -- first week in Nov. & no frost yet.   Even the tree in front of the house has lost its leaves.

I have my Christmas cards & hope to have them addressed in a couple of weeks.  Wonder who I won't hear from because of death.  My list of shrinking.

We'll have to mail our pkg. to you folks Nov. 29th the latest, so JoAnna gets her birthday gifts.  Paul, you didn't give us many ideas other than things about Warren.  But there are 3 of us who need ideas.  Kim doesn't need ideas.  She knows what she's giving.


When I went to the dentist last Fri, I got right in & was home in about 3/4 hour.  Dr. Walters knows my age as once he said "I wish my Dad was in as good a condition as you are."  Dr. Walters's sister was in your class if I remember correctly.  I like Dr. Walters a lot even if I don't look forward to going to the dentist.

Even tho this will be a busy week, Barb & I plan to go to Jamestown Tues. aft.  Tues. is Dale's long day so we won't go til after lunch.  Scott goes to tutoring after school so Barb doesn't have to pick him up.

I was lazy today.  I ordered pizza.  But Fri. nite when Dale got home from Rochester I fixed him a steak dinner.  Last nite we had chicken & spaghetti so I figured we could have an easy meal tonite.

Tues. the 9th of Nov.

Barb & I went to Jamestown after lunch.  We added more to our Christmas shopping &* I bot a suit for myself.  A gray jacket & pants to match.  Not a set as I need one size for the jacket & a different size for the slacks.  I got it at Bon Ton.  Dale gave me a Bon Ton gift certificate & that went toward the outfit.  So I should be set for awhile.  But it's been a long time (Erie trip excluded) since I've added to my wardrobe.

Last Sat Barb wanted to order something from a catalog & used my Discover Card.  It didn't go thru so she called Discover Card to see why.   They asked questions she couldn't answer so she gave me the phone.  In the course of the conversation they asked if Barb would like a card on my card.  We agreed & they told me I'd be responsible.  I realized that.  The card came today so now Barb can use her card to order things, & pay for them.  It's strange it wouldn't go thru as I used the card for an order from that place in Boston & paid for it already. Maybe numbers got mixed up.  I never can remember that store's name, no matter how hard I try.  Chadwick -- finally.

Barb has 2 angel ornaments she got a Gayle's Christmas Store & hoped to get another one last Sat. when we were there, but they were all gone.  She must have told Lynn as Lynn said she'd look on Ebay.  She called Barb last nite to tell her she found 2 of them. Barb said get them both.  She is pleased to find them. She hangs them on the wall.

There was a new program tonite on the Discover Channel.  "Dr. G" who finds out why a person dies when there seems to be no real cause.  A coroner's job.  Dale was watching it too.  Very interesting to find out what the body can tell thru autopsy.


Thurs. the 11th

I'm all set for company.  I started  yesterday, got the taters washed, snipped the ends off the beans, etc.  I won't start the chicken until noon as they won't be here til one.  I like that as both Barb & Dale will be gone & I'll have the kitchen to myself.  Made pumpkin pie before breakfast.  Early to bed, early to rise -- that's me.  Maybe the healthy but not the weather & wise!

Tomorrow I'll be lazy.  After I get my hair done, I might shorten my new slacks.  They are just a little too long to suit me -- I want to wear them Sun.

Warren just called to check.  Told him I was ready for them.  He wanted to know what he could bring -- I said just yourselves.

My day is over -- 8:11 p.m. & I'm feeling fine.  We enjoyed being together -- Warren, Anna & I.  It was an easy meal to prepare -- both times.  They left around 4 pm & I got the dishes in the dishwasher & cleaned up.  Then it was time to start over & it was another good meal & fellowship.  Now I'm relaxing & watching TV after a nice day.

Kim won't be here next Thurs so I think I'll have a beef roast for supper.  That day Dale goes to school for 1 day in Rochester but he'll be home by 7 or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment