Friday, July 5, 2013

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Warren County voters red as ever

What happened to Wisconsin yesterday?  They must have left their game in Madison. Today is different -- Green Bay is playing great.  And so are the Steelers.  They ad a great game today.  Happy Days are here again in Pittsburgh & thruout W. Pa.

Dale saw the Dr. last Fri -- he has an infection in his fingernails.  He had a blood test & when the Dr. sees the results he'll know more.  He has to have a weekly blood test for 4 weeks & then one a month for 3 months.  He's not sure what is causing this infection.  Dale got a prescription of some sort for it  You know Dale -- you have to dig for answers.

I called Millie & we had a nice visit.  She & Linda will go to Allan's for Thanksgiving & hope to see Gen on the following day.  Millie always had Christmas Eve at her place but things changed when she sold the house.  They'll be at Larry's for Christmas Eve & at Allan's for Christmas Day.

There is no school tomorrow so Barb doesn't have to care for Scott.  After she goes to Bert's, we'll go to Jamestown as we have a couple of exchanges to make.  And a few things to check on.  We hope to send the pkg. after Thanksgiving.

Minn.  Can't do much against the Vikings.

When Mimi called last week, she said Ruth always talks about how faithful I was in writing to both parents.  I said it paid off as Paul writes every week.  She also said writing letters is a lost art.  I have Thanksgiving cards ready to mail to Ruth, Millie, & Gen.  Enclosed a little note to let them know about what is happening to us here.

When I had my hair done last Fri, somehow we got on the ages of Sheila's in-laws.  The husband is 7 yrs older than his wife & Sheila said she will probably be a widow someday. Sheila's husband is an only child so I said will she come & live with your & Kevin.  She said NO WAY.  She'd move out first.  I guess she isn't too happy with her mother-in-law.

Minnesota came back with a bang but G.B. still won.

Dale was saying he had to clean out a car before he could work on it in the inside.  Orange peels, half an apple, junk.  He threw out the garbage & put the other stuff in a box.  He was disgusted.

Mon. the 15th

We went to Jamestown again & got more of our Christmas shopping completed.  The pile is growing.  Lar & Kim are the hardest as they don't give suggestions.  I'll corner Lar on Thurs. when he is here.  As we were leaving Bon Ton I saw sweater sets for 50% off.  A pretty pink with embroidery down the 2 front panels of the cardigan.  The clerk charged me full price but it was changed when she saw the 50% off sign.  I've been looking & looking for one & now I have it.  The one I got from Chadwick was terrible.  Sleeves down to my knees or so it seemed.  It is in the Goodwill box.  Spend, spend, spend that is your mother!

I found out again you can't choose a book by its cover.  When we were walking in the Mall, I saw a young gal with a long skirt, slit half way up the thigh, boots with the thick soles & heels & I wasn't too impressed.  Who should wait on us in Sears but this very same gal. And she was so nice & friendly ( down to earth.  It was only her 2nd day working so she was a little uncertain but I'd go to her any day for help.  A lesson learned but will it stick.

Thurs. Nov. 18

I made salmon load tonite for supper & it tasted good.  Dale is in Rochester for school again -- Thurs & Fri.  He doesn't like salmon loaf so that's why we had it.  Both Lar & Barb like it.  Kim wasn't here either.  While I cleaned up, Barb & Lar had a nice conversation.  Lar had the car so he & Torey didn't have to walk home.

Not much going on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment