Sunday, March 9, 2014

Tuesday, April 4, 2006


Yesterday I watched the Met's home opener & they won.  Full house with cheering fans welcoming the old & new players.  It was exciting.  Last nite I watched San Diego beat San Fran.  It is good have baseball again.

Barb is going for a walk.  It turned cold overnite & it is windy & raw today.

Barb doesn't have a printer so she was going thru the email, erasing, when she saw a picture of Andy's & figured it was a letter from you but she had erased most of is not realizing it was from you.

Last week we were discussing TV & Lar figured they have 12 TVs between the 2 places. Dale can't go to sleep without the TV.  If he forgets to set the "off", it si going when I get up during the night.

Last Fri. we went to Jamestown & I found a top for summer -- just what I wanted.  It will be cool for hot summer Sundays.  Has like a cape sleeve & it just what I wanted.  And to top it off, it is reversible.  Different pattern on each side.  Guess you can tell "it is just what I wanted"!  But it is so hard to find anything, guess I go overboard when I find what I'm dreaming of.  While shopping a younger lady passing by said "Wonder what happened to dresses."  That is a good question.  The last one I bot was 4 years ago.

I can't believe East is almost here.  Hope we will have warmer weather.

Did you get the start of a tan in Fla?  I know you had a great time.

Barb said the sign on Ryberg's house said "SOLD".  Collins' house is still "pending".  2 more on 3rd to sell.

The plant that came to "The Nelsons" at Christmas had an amaryllis bulb in it -- now it has 3 beautiful flowers in bloom.  There were 2 shoots but one died.  I'm glad one lived as it is such a showy bloom.  I wonder if we can save the bulb & have it grown again next year.  I'll have to ask Larry.

The $1000.00 insurance policy my Dad started for me at age 20, now is worth $11,000.00  Less cash value but I'd never cash it in.

Today I heard that details between Katie Couric & CBS are being worked out, so you'll be unhappy Paul.  But I bet you never watch CB S news programs.  Barb keeps me informed on the pros & cons, mostly cons on what the GOP are doing.  Most of it goes in one ear & out the other.

Thurs. A.M., the 6th

Wed AM, the telephone rang at 9 A.M. & it was Warren H. saying they were coming to Warren for a dental appt.  Was I free to go out to lunch & you know my answer.  Of course! We went to Perkins & had a good time talking & laughing.  We enjoy each other's company & always have a good time.  Warren has to come back the 26th of Apr. & if nothing interferes, we'll have lunch again.  He is getting new uppers -- the reason for his visits to Warren.

Both yesterday & today Dale isn't home for lunch.  They have it at work, supplied by the owners & hear about new equipment needed to work on cars, etc.

Fri A.M. the 7th

Last nite I watched the Mets vs. Washington.  What a game:  rhubarbs, hit hitters, 4 by the Mets pitchers, home plate umpire getting hit by a foul ball int he throat.  It started to swell & he found it hard to talk.  So another ump had to suit up & that took awhile.  At 10:30 I went5 to bed with 1 inning to go.  I figured the Mets could win as the score was 10-5.

Also watched the golf in the aft, the Master's Tournament and what a beautiful golf course.

So Katie Couric will go to CBS.  Lynn's mother is very disappointed as she had watched CBS since Walter Cronkite & doesn't appreciate Katie C. being hired.  I'm sure there are a lot who don't like it.

Kim didn't come last nite as she had a meeting to go to.  Larry gave Dale a hair cut.  Brab tr4ims her hair.  She said if I don't like it, I have no one to blame.  She does a nice job.

Last nite announcers at the games were Joe Morgan & Chris Berman & they did a good job. That's because Joe knows more than Chris & he let Joe do the talking.  Otherwise He'll take over & talk, talk, talk.  Joe & John are the best -- Sun nite games.  According to this Nelson!

Soon lunch time & I'm "talked out".

Have a nice Easter.  Our thoughts & prayers will be with you Paul & JoAnna on the 17th.

No comments:

Post a Comment