Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Thursday, April 20, 2006


You sounded good, Paul, on the phone, so I hope things are improving day by day.  I think of you all a lot.

Today is Barb's birthday.  I made a carrot cake -- her wish.  And we're having the chicken with the mushrooms & cheese, another favorite.  Green beans, 'taters & fruit salad.  I also baked the choc. cooky dough from the freezer while the oven was in use.  My favorites now -- with Andes mint topping that melts & make them look so nice.  That was the end of it so I'll have to make another batch to have on hand.  Sheila told me she freezes cooky dough so I tried.  It is great to have on hand.

Last Fri my washer blew a fuse -- only with new wiring we don't have fuses.  Barb said she knew what to do.  But it didn't work.  Dale came home & said you have to push the nob to off & then turn it to on.  But I never tired it again.  On Mon I called the repair man.  There are 2 sides -- one for regular wash & one for delayed wash.  I used that side & finished my laundry. He couldn't find any reason for 1 side to work & not the other.  Yesterday he came again, filled the washer, turned it on & waited for the machine to stop.  It didn't.  I told him we didn't turn the nob to "off" before we tried to set it.  And after Dale told us what to do, we never tested it.  "It's so nice to have a man around the house--" So I wasted money because I didn't try it again.  Oh well, how I know who to call if something goes wrong.

Called Millie on her birthday.  They celebrated on East Sun. at Larry's place at the Cape. Allen stayed around for a couple of days & took Millie to lunch on Mon. & she enjoyed that. She said she never thought she'd live so long.  Each year she said she slows down.  I know that feeling.

The Mets plan to build a new stadium to be completed in '09.  Wonder if I'll still be around to see it on TV.  They lost their 1st series & of course it had to be to Atlanta.

Barb saw the cutest dog sitting by a flower pot that says "welcome".  The dog looks like Torey & it has such a nice expression on its face.  We got it for Lar's birthday.  A yard decoration.

At Valentines & Easter I always get favorite candies to put by the plates.  But I forgot to do it last Sun. -- a senior moment -- so they'll get them tonite.  M&M's for Kim, Hershey milk choc. nuggets for Dale (my favorite as well), & Hershey's dark choc. miniatures for Barb & Lar.

Dale mowed the lawn for the first time last Mon.  We've had a series of beautiful days but starting tomorrow we are in for rainy days.  But it makes the grass nice & green.

Fri. the 21st

We had a nice birthday dinner.  I gave her money & Dale did & so did Lynn so she can shop for what she wants.  Larry said he'd like the same meal Dale had except for the cake.  He wants carrot cake. Then the birthdays will be over until fall.  Oh no, Kim's is in June.

It won't be long before all of your festivities are upon  you, the way time flies.  May will be here in 9 days.  Wow!  Take care of yourself so for all these parties your strength will be back. But you are in good health so that means a lot.

Barb has stated her bike riding & enjoys it.

Sheila told me this A.M. that Angie Pellegrino's daughter &  boyfriend bo't Collins' house. They plan to be married this summer.  Here I thought a family with children would move in. Leave it to the beauty operators or hairdressers to get all the news.

Dale said another guy at work is having marital problems.  Men gossip just as much as women, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment