Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Sunday, July 6, 2003


I can't believe the Mets took 3 games from Cincy.  And they played good games.  Fun for the fans, finally.  (Of course, Cincy isn't that good!)

Our 4th was very quiet here -- for us.  I was tired out & spent the A.M. dozing in my chair & wasn't even that hungry -- Barb took care of herself & Dale has his regular Fri. meal.  I fixed the chips for him -- refried beans, salsa, cheese & black olives.

Made up for it last night.  Fixed steak &  baked potatoes & tossed salad.  Tonite we're having chicken-broc. dish.

Talked to Roger Thelin at church.  The female pastor wants to come but there are still 2 things we need to do.  Invite her for a get together with the congregation & then the meg. to call her.  Maybe they can move & be in their respective churches by the middle of Aug. Roger thinks she is great & I'm sure all members will agree.

The 4th, in the aft., Kim was taking Torey for a walk & the heavy rains came & she got caught so she dame over here, cutting thru Beaty Field.  IT was a noisy shower & Torey was just trembling so much. Between the noises of the 4th & the storm Torey was a nervous wreck.

Tues. the 9th

I don't know if I've written this but I've often had these thoughts.  Dad steered a church to relocate & build a new church & he was so proud of the results.  His oldest son is in on building a new library & then in finishing the unused section and I know you are just as proud with your building plans.  We rejoiced with you in the building & dedication we were able to be in on & now I'm very proud that you can finish this section to add more space.

Last nite the Mets couldn't tame the Braves but at least they got some runs.  7-3 loss.  Bill Murray was at the game & in the broadcast booth.  H e is so funny & his remarks added to the game.  TBS has all the games but I watched ESPN last nite.


Wed. July 9

This A.M., I had my eyes examined & needed a few changes.  I didn't go to the Medical eye Dr. but over town.  I got new frames as the ones I have, I got from the eye Dr. & this one doesn't use this type of frame.  And they can't be colored for sun glasses as these lens don't take the color.  I'll look around for old frames & see if they could be used & the cost for the lenses.

Barb saw her Dr. today & he examined her breasts and found a lump in one of them so she has to see another Dr. the end of the month.  She hadn't noticed it & was surprised.  So if it means surgery, even if we had planned to go to the lake, she would have changed her mind. With no health plan that makes a big difference.

That was interesting about boys' and girls' names & how they have changed.  Dale once said he didn't care for his name but changed his mind once he became a Dale Earnhardt fan.  I've never minded my name.  When I was growing up, I always wanted a Paul, & a Barbara. Barbara because we took care of Barbara Smith & she was always such a nice person.  No reason for liking the name of Paul.  Just like it & Dad went along.

It cooled off so it is liveable to be outside.  I'm sitting on the porch.

I'm hoping to make cookies.  Scott wanted some of his birthday.  Maybe I can bake Fri  aft. as it is suppose to be in the 70s.

I'm planning to have an oven meal Thurs. nite.  Don't like to use the oven when it's humid. Also decided to make my favorite pie (or one of them) lemon meringue.

It looks like the new neighbors are going to put on a new roof.  It's strange as Carey's had one put on a couple of years ago.  Dale says we should have a new roof.  We'll talk it over with Larry Thurs.  They will have to strip all the old shingles & maybe might need new plywood.  It will be a big job.  Maybe then we can get rid of the bats.  When the trees come down, that should help, but who knows how long that will take.

Thurs.   I'm falling asleep in my chair & I remembered I mail this on Fri. so I'll close with love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment