Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Monday, July 21, 2003


I didn't start a letter yesterday because I was reading.  Vegas Rich was the book I read on Sat. finishing it at 12 A.M.  It was so good.  On Sun. I started Vegas Heat & finished it this A.M.  A trilogy so the next book I get will be Vegas Sunrise.  Ten I'll look for a 4 series set Rich Rich, Texas Heat, Texas Fury & Texas Sunrise.

Sat. nite Lar & Kim, Betsy Moran & her husband & Kathy & her husband who now live in Erie, drove their sports cars to Bemus Point for dinner.  At 4 pm, Kim bro't Torey over to stay with us, & picked him up at 9:30 P.M.  He missed them & goes to the door tot look for them but he is good.

Today we're having thunder showers & the same for Tues. & Wed.

This year we'll be getting blueberries from our bush.  Dale got nets to cover them & Barb picked a few today.  Hatch Patch had corn last week & we got some but they were small ears with not much taste. I think they were picked too soon.  We'll try again for Thurs. when I plan to have hamburgers.  Probably potato salad & Barb wants macaroni.  A picnic meal.

Yesterday was the last Sun. for the interim pastor.  We'll have visiting pastors in Aug. & maybe a new pastor in Sept.


Tues. A.M.

We had about 3 1/2" of rain Mon.  Of course, the basement is puddled.  I tried to wipe up & Dale finished the job.  This A.M. I saw water in the other side so I swept it toward the drain & put the fan over there to hep dry it out.  This is Dale's long day so I try to hep him a bit. Yesterday I tried mopping it up & got 2 buckets of water.  Franklin had 6-8" of rain.  Our streets downtown were filled with water for awhile.  Mt. Jewett had winds of 80 mph & part of the Kinzua Bridge came down.  It is closed as they were working to restore it.  Wonder what happens now with tight funds.

4 men, including Mr. Bonace, tried to stop work on the Court House -- they have been updating it & they sued the Commissioners to stop work & they lost the case.  I'm happy it went against them. They are always trying to stop progress.  They are also against the new grade school.  Another group is suing the school board.  If you can't get your way, sue.  That happens too much!!!


Tues. the 22nd

More rain -- more water in the basement.  The TV showed that the middle of the Kinzua Bridge came down -- only the ends are left.

WOW!  The Mets beat the Phillies last nite AND this aft.  Last nite with a young pitcher -- 1st win & this aft. Trachsel beat Millwood.

Golf was exciting last Sun. when a rookie won.  Ben Curtis.  He's a happy guy.

Today's USA has an interesting story of a young hockey player Jordan Tootoo who lives in Rankin Inlet, Nunavit just below the Arctic Circle.  Only way in by boat or airplane.  An Inuit. Very interesting.

I'm enclosing some pictures Barb took about the flowers, etc.

We're seeing sunshine at times.  This is the weekend at the lake.  Have a good time, rather I know you had a good time.  I forgot to ask you  to ask about Ruth.  Is she at the same address, etc.  I know I waited too long.

Time for my soaps!



No comments:

Post a Comment