Monday, December 3, 2012

Sunday, June 29, 2003


Gen just called to say hello. base She is OK.  I'm sure she gets lonesome being alone so much.

We're having cooler weather & I love it.  Sat. A.M. I made a coffee cake, banana bread that is in the freezer, dinner rolls, choc. chip cookies & the Turtel Turtle bars from Bon Appetit.  The base part you bake 15 min; pour syrou syrup (can't spell tonite -- my mind is on the upcoming Yankee-Met game.  I know the Mets will lose) & bake another 20 min.  I think they came out quite crisp but still very good.  Next time I'll line the tin with foil & watch them closer, probably cutting the time a minute or two.  They are very good -- like candy -- with a cup of coffee.

Warren called this aft.  They want to go out to lunch at the Dam tomorrow noon.  I get a perm at 2 but Warren said they'll get me back in time.  He likes to take side trips (like someone else I know) & time flies.  They'll pick me up at 11:30 A.M. Tues.  Barb & I will go to Jamestown.  She needs organic foods from Wegman's.

Barb fixed 3 tops for Bert this weekend.  She wanted them shortened & she wanted them done by hand, so it took longer.


I've been reading on the porch & its so nice to sit out there.  Got 2 books at the library & read them this weekend.  Both excellent reading.  Starting Over by Robin Picher, son of Rosamunde P.  And The Midnight Hour by Karen Robards.   Both new to me, tho I've read Rosamunde Pilcher.


July 1

I don't know how Anna keeps up with Warren.  Last week they, with 3 of their children & families, were in Bar Harbor, Maine.  They got back in time for Synod meeting.  Out to lunch yesterday, going to visit Judy in Ohio this week.  Home ma bit & then off to Mass.

Yesterday I got some of my Mon. A.M. duties done, got ready to go out to lunch.  We had a great time & they got me back in time for my 2 pm perm.  At the Marina we sat outside -- it was so beautiful to be there.  Enjoyed our lunch.  While we were sitting there  about 12 motorcycle copes entered the parking lot.  It was fun to watch them park their bikes.  They were from Erie.  After my perm, Barb & I went grocery shopping.  I fixed hamburgers, an easy meal, for supper.  After I cleaned up, I went to my chair & took a nap.  I'm not sued to so much in one day.

This A.M. I finished my Mon. duties -- cleaned the basement toilet & tied up the newspapers. I water fertilized my plants  mixed more water fertilizer & then I sat for awhile.  Now I should dust.  Barb had to take care of Scott this A.M. & Bert didn't need her, so after lunch we'll go to Jamestown.  Two days in a row I'll miss my soaps!!!  And don't say I won't miss anything. I'm anxious to find out who is the father of Carly's baby!  Ha, Ha!

Later

We didn't see anything at the Mall that interest us.  N.Y. put the sales tax back on clothing so I'll shop at home.

When we got groceries I saw Eugene Vavala & said "hello".  He said he was thinking of my & my rolls.  I set Danish tonite & will bake them early A.M. when it's still cool.  Should make or bake a pie crust & make a strawberry pie.  The local berries are so good.  I got 2 qts today.

We got our groceries today & found out it was senior discount on Tues. so we got 5% off our groceries.  We wondered why so many old people were out & blocking the aisles.

How is Andy feeling about the Braves pitching.  Last nite Maddux lasted 4 innings & the Marlins won.  Tonite Hampton is pitching & the Marlins are ahead 7-1 in the 4th inning. The Marlins are pretty good.  They got a pitcher from Chicago White Sox & he beat the Mets twice with really good pitching.  He is from Calif. & his mother is a welder on bridges. Single family mom.  What team does Ed favor?

Dale is scraping the sill part of the window at the bottom of the basement stairs   He'll fill the holes & that will seal the window from extra breezes.  He did that with the 3 other windows. It makes a big difference in the winter.  When he does a job it is a thorough one.

Wed July 2

I'm taking it easy & watching S. Fran at St. Louis on ESPN.  I wonder what Andy tho't of the Marlins-Braves game last nite.  20-1, Braves lost.  And tonite the Marlins's great pitcher pitches & if he is on it could be another loss for the Braves.

I decided to have a salad meal tomorrow, a chicken salad & a new recipe I saw.  Shrimp riced salad  So I got the chicken cooked, the rice boiled so tomorrow A.M. i can get the salads made before I get my hair done.  (Fri. the 4th)  I don't go til 11 A.M. so that gives me more time.  Also plan to make a strawberry pie.  And today I washed the kitchen floor. I'll have fruit, relish tray & rolls also.

I know I just got a perm on Mon. but I like to have it washed again so that's why I choose to have my perm on Mon. &U then my regular appt. the end of the week.

Also called to have my eyes checked but not by the regular Dr.  I'll go to the one over town Barb & Dale go to.  I've gone there before.

89 & humid at St. Louis.  It's not that bad here but it's suppose to be more humid on the 4th.

I'll mail this tomorrow.  Will also go to the library for more books & also have to go to CVS for medication.

Guess I'll check out the Bon Appetit that came today.

No comments:

Post a Comment