Thursday, December 27, 2012

Saturday, August 9, 2003


It is a warm & muggy day.  I'm watching the Yankees vs. Mariners, & I'm rooting for the Mariners.who lead 2-1.  Mariners win!

I was up at 6 A.M. & started baking.  Coffee cake, banana bread in the freezer & choc. chip cookies.  Was finished at 8 A.M. & then ate breakfast.  Dale worked this A.M.

At 10 we went to the Mall.  Sales are good now.  I got a pr. of slacks & a top, & Barb got 2 tops.  When I got home I made a tuna-macaroni salad for supper.  Barb & Dale will have a hamburger & we have corn on the cob & fruit.  So it's an easy meal on a hot day.
I didn't enjoy my meal yesterday but that is the first time since we've gone to lunch at Holiday Inn. Quite a number there for lunch.  I ordered the quiche & so did Pat but it was all gone.  So we both got the special -- fish & chips.  Too highly seasoned & neither of us were happy with it.  But the dessert was good.  Lemon cake with raspberry sauce.  Very attractive & tasty.  Ohio friends couldn't come because their daughter delivered at 7 month & both mother & child were in danger.

I like to watch those birthing stories on TV & after watching long, hard deliveries, I marvel at how easy it was for me.  As soon as the pains started I was ready.  Barb came in 2 hours. Lucky me.  I've been pretty lucky all my life.  Good husband & a super family.

Larry & Kim are taking Tues. & Wed. off next week & will go to Erie & the peninsula.  And the weather sounds good.  Suppose to be drier and warmer.

Kim was watching Martha Stewart & they were talking about stationery & letter writing.  She said letter writing was a lot art & Kim tho't to herself -- not my brother-in-law or my mother-in-law.  I like writing to you all because I'll get an answer.  Too many don't answer letters anymore.  Then it's no fun to write.

Dr. McNett is retiring & that makes me very unhappy.  Due to health reasons & he's only in his middle 50s.  His wife isn't well either.  He's been my Dr. for over 20 years.

There are 3 baby birds in the geranium plant.

Mon. Aug 11

Thanks for the pictures -- they are very nice & bring back many happy memories.

Your front door sounds nice & also the windows.  You'll enjoy washing them.

Ron Polley stopped by today.  We chose the materials -- a brown mixture which will improve the looks of the house.  Bert had 3 estimates for her new roof, chose the cheapest one & isn't happy with the results.  We have proof he does good work -- neighbors garage.  They might start tomorrow or the next day.  Take the old shingles off & put roof paper on & get it all ready for the new shingles.  I didn't think he'd start so soon.  I paid him $1.000.00 today -- said I wouldn't have to pay 1/3 down.  It will cost close to $7500.00.  My vacations.  I'm lucky to be able to do this.


Wed. the 13th

It's very humid & tough to be working on a roof.  They started yesterday with garage & it's all set for shingles.  Now they're working on the house getting all the shingles off.  3 sets of them.  Ron asked to check the attic because the 1st set of shingles came to pieces & it seeped into the attic, so Barb and Dale will have a job vacuuming that up.

It's too hot to eat.  Told Dale I didn't know what to make for supper.  He said "pizza sounds good to me".

Bert is changing lawyers.  Barb took her to Jamestown this A.M. to see the new lawyer. She also changed banks.  From National City to PNC.  Many have changed from PNC to Northwest Savings -- I've thought of it but haven't.  Of course Nat. City tires to change Bert's mind.

I suppose Ruth must be in a nursing home now, where she receives care.  I'm assuming she can't completely care for herself.

The Beaty football team practices later in the day this year.  Usually they have had an A.M. & P.M.  practice.

Thurs A.M.  The humidity continues.  Could reach 90 today.  Barb wants to go to Jamestown but I don't think I will go.  Too hot & humid.

No comments:

Post a Comment