Monday, December 10, 2012

Sunday, July 13, 2003


The Mets just tied the Phillies -- dare I wish for a win?  They took the lead -- 5th inning.  They won!

Last nite we were at Lar & Kim's for dinner.  Steak on the grill & it was so tender.  It was chilly but we dressed for it as we like to eat on the deck.  They bo't a chimnea & they had a fire in it & it was nice to watch it burn & it gave off a little warmth.  They are so lucky to have that place.

Dale is on vacation this week.  Wed. he goes to a neurologist in Erie.  Kim doesn't think he should go alone so Lar will go with him.  They have to be there for a 9 A.M. apt.  He's been fine with the medication.

How did Eddie like being away from home.  He has been away but with grandparents so that is different.

Enjoyed reading about your 4th of July experience with Mike.  We had a good dinner & you missed supper which was probably sandwiches & you probably didn't want to fix one.  But I still sounded like a "mean mom!"  That's life.

Last nite we feasted so tonite we'll fast.  Dale said he liked the idea of a salad topped with chicken.  I have strawberries & when the game is over I'll make shortcake so we can have strawberry shortcake for dessert.

In the Family Circle I saw a recipe for flourless choc. chip cookies.  Brown sugar, peanut butter, baking soda, an egg, and choc. chips.  They taste good.  Sat. was a cool day so I made dinner rolls & used 3 overripe bananas & made banana bread.

My meal was cereal with a banana & blueberries followed by straw. shortcake. Made the salad for Dale but he wants to see the end of the NASCAR race in Chicago before he eats. Earnhardt Jr. crashed so he is out.  Also another bad crash but no one was hurt.  I enjoyed reading the interview with Ilene Bishoff, esp. the last questions.  "Any pet peeves".... I laughed at the answer "Interviews."  I wonder if she has any relatives in the Mt. Jewett area. Bishoff isn't a popular name.  The book "Walking the Bible" sounds interesting.*

We heard more about our pastor candidate.  She lived in Fla., became active in the church -- not brought up in a church home, so she considers herself a convert.  Taught school, active in church & local organizations.  A grad of Gettysburg Sem.  We meet her Aug 10, & vote on a call Aug 24 so maybe we'll have a pastor in Sept.  Those who met her are impressed.

*The cucumber salad -- Mizeria -- sound good.  Plan to try it.

Last nite Kim served a wild rice mix by Uncle Ben  & it was delicious.  Plan to get some. Also a carrot-raisin salad that is a favorite of mine.  She used match stick cut carrots that are available at BiLo.  Also have seen them at Wegman's.

Wed. the 15th

Yesterday I got my new glasses & decided to have sumglasses using my old frames.

Today I talked with the fellows doing the roofing next door & he'll give me a bid.  Lar said I should get 3 bids.


Yesterday I went to the library & got 2 books.  I read Kentucky Rich by Fern  Michaels & it was so good.  It is followed by a sequel so I'll have to look for it.  This A.M. I did a load of wash - clean sheets for my bed and washed the kitchen floor.  This A.M. I started "I Thee Wed" by Amanda Quick -- a Victorian theme that I like.


Dale didn't say too much about his visit to the Dr. in Erie but that he got a different prescription.  They hadn't gotten the results of tests taken at Wrrn.  Hosp.  The local Dr's office called this aft. & Dale mentioned about the tests.  The hops. can forward them.

This aft. I talked to the roofer next door & asked for a bid.  He came later with some questions.  Mentioned the porch off the little room upstairs & said the chimney needs pointing up.  The cement is crumbling.  I'm sure it will be an expensive job.  I told him to include those in his bed.  They (Barb, Dale, Lar) think it should be a tan roof & he'll bring samples.

When I went to bed last nite the N.L. led the A.L. in the All Star Game but this A.M. I saw they couldn't keep the lead.  Too bad.

Here it is Thurs. the 17th & time to finish this letter.  All is cleaned up & I'm ready for bed. I'm watching the Mets at Atlanta & the game is tied 1-1 in the 6th.

We sat on the front porch awhile after dinner.   Larry is trimming shrubs at Bonace's house. Kim mentioned that all the sores have their school supplies out already.  Something she doesn't like to be reminded of.

Atlanta just went ahead 2-1, so what else is new.  The Mets just don't have it no matter how much I Hope for more runs.  I hope the building the building the Mets are doing pays off.

Watched golf in Great Britain today.  With that wind & hilly grounds it must be a tough course to play on.

Guess I'll concentrate on the game.

Mets just got a home run. Will it mean anything?  More exciting anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment