Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday, December 9, 2002


Sunday afternoon I started wrapping Christmas gifts.  Two boxes will be coming your way.  But it won't arrive until next week as I think it will be towards the end of the week before they are ready.

Dale left after work for Rochester for a day of schooling.  I was glad another fellow was also going-- better to have 2 in the car in the winter.

The cooky walk was successful last Sat.  The money earned goes toward making a wheel chair entry into the church building.

Last Friday I knew I had to make a pie -- had planned to do it in the aft., a cream pie.  But I forgot completely.  When I got up during the nite to go to the bathroom, I couldn't get back to sleep.  Something was bothering me.  Bingo -- I didn't make the pie.  I got up & took the frozen pie crust out to thaw.  Went back to bed & doze.d  Up at 6 A.M. & started to make a pumpkin pie & had my pie for the soup & pie luncheon.  Delivered it & 2 batches of cookies at 9:30 A.M.  I have to try to remember to write duties down.  We trimmed the tree Sat. aft.  I made dinner but no pie!  Oh well it got done.

Today I finished wrapping gifts.  Don't have Larry's yet.  He wants a tool & I can't remember its name.  Kim gave me 3 suggestions last Thurs.  He wants a Miata cap (baseball) for summer driving & Kim ordered one & it will be coming here this week.  Also a pair of flannel lined jeans for winter outside work.  I ordered them from L. L. Bean.  Luckily they are celebrating an anniversary so no charge for postage.

We did go up to the Mall this aft. & tomorrow A.M. we'll get groceries at 9 A.M.  Reason:  Barb has to take Bert & a friend somewhere then they want to go out to lunch so we can't shop after lunch.  It will just mean cleaning the bathroom later in the A.M.

Heard form Sylvia Yosten today.  Larry saw her & Maxine in Warren.  She wrote on the Christmas card that she & Peter celebrated their 50th wedding anniv. a few weeks ago.  That's why Max was home.  She is in Asheville, N. Car.  Jeff is in Missouri to be near his 2 daughters so he can have visitation rights.  Divorce is such a shame.  Pete has prostate problems but medication has helped so no operation.  Had a card from Larry & Alice.  I've started on my cards & hope to get them mailed on Fri. Then most of my preparations will be done, except for baking.

Careys called Larry to tell him they wouldn't be needing a Christmas tree.  Reason:  they'll be in Buffalo baby sitting Paula & John's dog while they go to Russia to adopt a baby.  Paula has had several miscarriages so decided to go this way.

Wed, Dec. 11

Barb mailed her pkg. this A.M.  I finished mine today & it is all set to go.  Dale will take it to work & UPS picks up there.  And I finished my Christmas cards today.  Ready to mail.  Oh yes, I included some of the bios of members that were in the church paper.  I think you will enjoy reading them.  You don't Carol Andersen.  She moved back to Warren after the death of her husband.  She is the one who tho't so much of Dad because he was so good to her parents.  The family home is in N. Warren & they were the Lowe's.  Don't know if you remember them.  All the others I'm sure you'll remember.  I didn't save the 1st one which was on Elsie Yaegle or is it Yeagle?  Can't remember.

Thurs A.M. the 12th.  One more week & it's Eddie's birthday.

Have my cards all set to mail tomorrow.  Dale took the pkg this A.M. to work so it will be on its way.

When I put the garbage out this A.M., it was on the slippery side on spots.  So I scraped a bit & put salt on.  The kids had a 10 A.M. school start due to bad roads on the outskirts of Warren.

Kim won't be coming tonite.  She's having the "gals" over tonite & it is the only nite it was best for all.  So we'll have stuffed pork chops if the Schwan man comes in time.  He called & said he'd be later because of the traffic on 3rd with parents bringing kids to school.  It is a busy time, esp. when some sidewalks aren't in the best shape.

Better get busy -- as if I haven't been.  Made a pecan pie, changed my sheets & this is my "rest period".

No comments:

Post a Comment