Sunday, October 28, 2012

Monday, February 10, 2003


Last Sat. Barb took Bert & her friend Laura to the Lakewood Mall.  Laura also has money, lives in Hawaii & visits in Warren.  Her husband is dead & he was originally from Warren.  They had lunch at The Red Lobster & Barb had the best meal ever.  Salmon with Cajun spices & shrimp on top of the salmon.  She said it was so good.  Bert doesn't drive anymore & they were so appreciative that Barb took them.  In fact Laura wants to visit Alaska & asked Barb to go with her.  Barb isn't interested as she wouldn't care to be with Laura that much.

This aft. Barb called for reservations for the reunion.  They said they reserved the 3rd floor for the reunion.  Will be nice to be together.

This A.M. I had a blood test as I see the Dr. on Fri the 14th.  Barb took me over & I walked home.  The walk wasn't that bad as I was bundled up.  I had to fast for the test -- that was the hardest part -- had to wait to eat breakfast til after 9 A.M.  Made myself oatmeal & it tasted so good.

I'm working on a jigsaw puzzle.  It is coming together pretty good.  Still haven't started my second book from the library.

I'm trying to plan dinners & it's a tough job.  Never know what to have in spite of all my cook books & magazines.

Now it's Wed. pm.  We can't seem to escape the snow & cold weather, but they say conditions should change soon & it can't be too soon for me.

Last nite we had baked fish and scalloped potatoes   Some pot. were left over so I had them tonite with a slice of ham.  I'll fix oven fires for Dale to be served at 7 pm.

Tomorrow we'll celebrate Valentines with steak & baked potatoes.  Made a favorite dessert.  Graham cracker crust, cream cheese mixture over the crust & topped with cherry pie filling.  Easy to make & one the family likes.

I got the video My Big Fat Greek Wedding.  I'm waiting til Fri. nite to view it.  Sheila saw it at the Library Warren Theater downtown & she said she wants to get the video.  She missed some of the dialogue because of all the laughter.

I finished my puzzle with only 1 piece missing.

Do you know the answer to crossword puzzle with 5 spaces.  Prayer Wheel priests.  I looked in the big dictionary to find it -- it is in the Buddhist religion so the answer is LAMAS.  I'll remember that & I learned it by looking for the answer.

Thurs A.M. the 13th.

Barb went with Bert to see about a wig.  There was one Barb tho't looked nice on Bert & she ended up buying it.  It was layered with highlights.  When she got home Bert wasn't sure she liked it & Barb wondered if she had talked her into it so it was Barb's fault.  Last Sat when they went to Jamestown Bert wore it & both Barb & Laura like it on Bert.  Sat nite Bert went out to dinner with friends & they raved about the new wig.  Hearing that made Barb feel better & of course it made Bert happy.

Bert was asked to speak to a group & tell of her experiences in the business world but she refused.  She tells Barb some stories & Barb said she should write down some of her experiences.  One time in NYC she was going to a special dinner & she had cut her hand & it was bandaged.  She didn't want to wear gloves to cover it so she put sequins on it. People tho't it was so clever & the next day she had 5 job offers & that led her to being in an ad agency with a responsible job for a woman at that time.  She is 87 now.  It was a man's world then & she made her way to the top.  And she is a member of a long time Warren family so she would have a lot of interesting things to tell.  It would be interesting if she would do it for the historical society.

Tomorrow I see the Dr.  Hope it warms up a bit.

Not much going on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment