Sunday, October 7, 2012

Monday, December 1, 2002

This is Dale's early week so I have most of my Monday duties accomplished 

Yesterday Pastor Nancy Schwanke preached again.  She is so nice _ preaches good sermons.  It was a slim attendance because of the snowfall & this afternoon more snow is coming.  Tonite is LCW's Christmas meeting with a planned menu.  I'm bringing the strawberry-salad with a pretzel crust, cream cheese filing & topped with jello with strawberries.  It makes a larger recipe.  Janice Carlson will pick me up.  She also gets Evelyn Berglund who lives at the Warren Apartments.

KMart advertised electronic toys & I looked at them bu didn't get one as I didn't think there was any a 10 yr. old boy would like.  I did notice, in passing, one for playing solitaire but didn't give it a thought. Later on at home I tho't how nice it would be to have one to play when I'm in my chair watching TV.  We went to the Mall last Friday & I got myself a new toy.  It is more fun but very hard to win a game.  I've only won 2 games.  Barb likes it & uses it when I'm busy doing other things.  She plans to get herself one.  [She got herself one.]

I have an idea for me for a gift.  A sweater vest size L that buttons or zips.  To go with navy or black pants.  Plain or otherwise -- some have striped fronts.  Plain in a lighter color or even a red one.  So you have an idea now.

I'll be thinking of you on the 17th when you have that breakfast meeting.  That you'll make a good impression, but then why shouldn't you.  Dad made good impressions when he met with church councils in Great Falls & Warren & when he was leaving or retiring all 3 congregations were sorry to see him go.  Whatever happens all will work out for the best, you can be sure.

 Wednesday.  It is cold weather with snow.  This A.M. I got a ride with Barb as I had to go to CVS for 2 prescription refills.  Walked home & had worn an extra sweater which I didn't need.

That spoiled my day as I lost my ambition.  But I did make & rolled out a single crust for a banana cream pie for Thurs.  We had brats & sauerkraut for supper & they are good tasting.  I told Dale there is an extra one if he wants it.  He said no -- he weighed himself & weighs 180 lbs on our scale.  Says he's getting fat!

Called Rose this aft.  Found out Karen married "her man" in Canada.  Kerstin goes to college in Toronto & plans to stay in Canada.  She has a Chinese boyfriend.  Rose has met him & said he's nice.  The woman Rick is going with works at the hospital, is divorced & has 2 sons.

Rose spent Thanksgiving with Jim & family.  Jim's youngest daughter Beth is thinking of the ministry when she finishes college.  I think she is a soph. at Pitt.

Today I got a new magazine Bon Appetit -- hope that is spelled correctly.  Barb has the magazine upstairs.

Last Sat. I made banana streusel coffee cake & I noticed a recipe in "B.A." for one.  Similar but for the streusel my recipe mixed the brown sugar mixture with melted butter.  The new recipe doesn't add any liquid & I like the dry mixture better.  That is what I use on my regular coffee cake recipe.  Thank you very much for the magazine.  It's fun to study recipes.

Yesterday I got Christmas cards addressed, stamped.  Now comes the notes.  I plan to do some baking for the cooky walk at church so it will be the weekend before I think of them.  Already started to get Christmas cards.

There is enough snow so last Sun. Lar, Kim, Friends & dogs went skiing & enjoyed it.

Thurs. aft.  I've had a busy A.M.  Made the banana cream pie & then decided since Dale wouldn't be home for lunch (mtg. at work) I made 2 batches of cookies.  Shortbread formed into rolls & the ends dipped in melted chocolate after baking.  Then I made the choc. cookies with Andes mint icing.  Barb suggested I freeze some so she could have some for a cooky tray for Lynn & family.  I just keep a few to eat as I don't want too many around (to eat).  Dale doesn't care for them & Barb likes just a couple.  Guess who'll be making the Christmas cookies for the tray!  I'm trying a new chicken recipe tonite.  It calls for 2 frozen packages of spinach souffle, rice, milk, Swiss cheese, onion, seasonings.  Mixed together & put in the 13x9 dish & topped with the browned chicken.  Sounds good & I hope it will be.

Hope you can read & understand this letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment