Sunday, April 13, 2014

Tuesday, May 2, 2006


What a beautiful day(s) we've been having.  Last Sat. Barb gave the van a good washing.  Wanted to wax it but worked in the garden instead.  Preparing for the flowers we'll get.  She also worked outside the house facing west, trimming some of the shrubbery.  And last Sat. she also washed the front porch getting it ready for summer furniture.  You ask "What did Dale do?"  He had a headache -- it was his Sat to work from 8-12 & in the aft. took it easy.

Last fall Barb planted some daffodil bulbs but only 4 came up & they are very small.  One is blooming & I see another bud.  Maybe they were planted too deep.

Lynn's parents are at the Lake so they are going there tonite to see them. Scott likes to wear his pants low on the hips.  Barb said to him why don't you change to nicer clothes & surprise your parents?  I don't want to do that."  Barb doesn't yell at him but talks nice to him. Then she took the dogs out & got ht email.  When she went in the house she saw that Scott had changed his clothes.  So he listened.  He likes Barb & tells her things he'd never tell his mother.

I called in an order to Penney's.  A 2 piece set for the rocker you gave us.  I sit there a lot & the present set has gotten a lot of wear.  Also ordered a lace tablecloth.  And they had a special.  Spend 25.00 & get free postage.  Both are sale items.

This is Dale's early week & he just came home.  He plans to mow the lawn -- it grows fast.

Barb & I plan to go to Jamestown tomorrow.  We'll have lunch at the Red Lobster.  Barb has some birthday money to spend.  I'd like a pair of tan shoes if I see any I like.  They have a discount shoe store there.  We'll also stop at WalMart -- Barb's idea!

I don't know what Andy will want for graduation but I plan to send a check.  He can choose for himself.  Ditto for your anniversary.  Twenty years -- where has the time gone?

Fri. May 12th, I'll be going out to lunch with Bensons, Hollertzs & Shaffers from Ohio -- at Warren Holiday Inn.  Haven't seen Shaffers for a long time.  They live just over the Pa line so it's easy for them to get here.

Wed, May 3

We went to Jamestown this A.M.  Before we left I got the kitchen garbage ready for tomorrow & put a swiss steak supper in the crockpot.  Just have to make salads.  First we went to WalMart -- they have a new store (in the same location) & it is nice.  Barb chose some petunias for her pots & I chose marigolds.  At BonTon I found a sweater I liked -- to wear now -- pink with colors of trim.  Hope others don't choose the same thing.  Also got a couple more tank tops -- on sale, and a knit shirt also on sale.  I told Barb don't let me spend any more on tops.  Yesterday I sent an order (telephone) for the tablecloth & rocker set I want.  Fun to spend, spend, spend!  As long as I can pay for it I'm OK.  We had lunch at the Red Lobster & enjoyed it.

Barb really has the outside landscaping looking good.  Now she doesn't say Dale should help any more.  She realizes he is on his feet all day & says his long legs make it harder for him to kneel & do the work.  Getting things in order doesn't take that long.  The lawn moving & sweeping up goes on all summer.  He does the edging so he does his share.

Dale just came home & as soon as he changes his clothes, he goes & sits outside in the sun.  Starting his tan early.  We expect showers tomorrow, but they are needed.

Tonite & tomorrow nite I can watch the Mets, thanks to Pittsburgh playing at Shea.

Fri. A.M.

Had my hair cut & set & now I reread your letter while drinking coffee.  Glad to hear news of the Nelson families, i.e., Carolyn's husband & the wedding, etc.  Good to know you are rid of the catheter & that all is going well.  It will soon be a memory the way time flies.

The flower pots Barb filled are looking nice.  We didn't get the showers they forecast & now there is a fire ban.

On Fri, I don't do much -- 2 loads of wash -- just take it easy after a busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment