Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday, October 21, 2001


Be on the lookout for your birthday present.  Barb will mail it tomorrow.  (It's in the mail.)

And I haven't heard any suggestions for Christmas giving.  And Eddie's birthday.  I could buy part of the boy's gifts & if clothing is wanted, would you shop for me again, Paul.  That way Andy will get what he wants.

Today at church was our session with a layman representing the Synod.  Patty Phillips is busy taking care of the getting of pastors to preach.  So Beth Darling took care of the ballot & they had 10 willing people.  That was a big job.  I thought they might have to get all the people "from the floor" & it would take time.  These are all willing people so that is a good start.  But he warned us it won't happen tomorrow.  Some churches have been without a pastor for 3 years.   He complimented us on our church building & said that would be a good point. I feel a lot better now.  It will come but we'll need patience.

Dale had to go to school again.  He'll leave about 5 pm & will be gone Mon & Tues, coming home between 6-7 pm.  At least it's nice weather for travel.

Dale should be in the motel.  After he left, and the dishes were cleared up, etc., I decided to do some baking.  Set my Danish rolls to finish tomorrow.  Dale always takes a snack so he got the last of the choc. chip so I made choc. chips & molasses crinkle. When all was cleaned up, I sampled my cookies with a cup of fresh coffee.  Barb just went upstairs with a cup of tea and cookies.

I'm waiting for baseball to come on .  The Ariz.-Braves game should be a good one.

Did you shed tears over Sat. Wisc. loss & Green Bay's loss today.  We always think of all of you when we see those teams play.  Other times as well!

It's funny both the N.L. & A.L. teams are playing at the same time.  I have the Braves game on, but will switch during commercials to see how the Mariners are doing!

Mon. the 22nd.

Lar came over with Torey -- Lar raked leaves at Carey's & Torey was with me.  Lar closed a door at Crary's on Torey's tail & Torey spent some time at the vet's office.  It wasn't covered & Torey wags his tail a lot so it started to bleed so they took him back to the vet who wrapped it.  He had to have antibiotics and all.  He couldn't have anything to eat & he didn't eve beg for food.  I asked Lar what Kim said & she wasn't too  happy.  Accidents will happen.

Last nite I stayed up until 11:15 to see the final out that beat the Braves.   Andy was disappointed, but Grandma was happy!  I won't watch much of the Seattle-Yankees game as I'm tired.

Your lamps sound nice.  You didn't have far to go to find them.  I take it the house has been sold so there will be more new neighbors.

I'll call Ed & Gen tomorrow to wish them a Happy Anniversary and to see how Ed is doing.

It's Wed already so I must finish this.

It is 9:15 A.M. & Barb isn't up.  I wash the kitchen floor this A.M. but first I must vacuum the rugs & floor.  I did get the garbage all set for tomorrow's pick up.

Last nite, in bed, as I was reviewing the day, I remembered I forgot to call Gen.  You'll probably celebrate your birthday on Sun. so I plan to call to wish Paul Happy Birthday.  That is, if I don't forget!

Last nite we had ribs cooked in the crockpot & they were very good.  I probably could have been a little more generous with the sauce.  Next time I'll know.

We've had a lot of rain so I hope to get this mailed between the showers.

Dale got back about 6:45 pm & said it was a good session.  On the elec. systems & Dale said no one realizes how complicated it is.  He drove home in the rain.  Something is missing when he's gone.

I hear Barb is up so I'll finish this & get back to work.

New Council members.
Kelli Moore 1 yr.  Susan Gustafson's daughter.
Linda Ekey.  1 yr.  Was a Lyle.
Cindy De Chano.  1 yr.  Joined during Dad's time.
Nancy David.  3 yrs.-  former Bloom.
Rick Moore.  2 yrs. - originally from Sheffield.
Marvin Gustafson - up the St.
John Check - 2 yrs. - choir director
David Woods 3 yrs - joined during Dad's time
Jennifer Koebley 1 yr. John's daughter (Check)
Fran Decker 3 yrs.  old timer - faithful member

No comments:

Post a Comment