Monday, June 4, 2012

Saturday, October 27, 2001


I've turned 2 clocks back to E.S.T.

We had about 1/2" of snow.  But Erie & Meadville had several inches & accidents as drivers forget they have to slow down.

Last Thurs. nite I had roast chicken & today I finished the leftovers with creamed chicken.  It was good & an easy meal to fix.

Also last Thurs nite, we were trying to get ideas for Christmas & Dale said "clothes".  Can you imagine that, Dale suggesting clothes.

We also got on the subject of smoking somehow, & Dale said he doesn't smoke anymore, thus saving $25.00 a week.  Kim was really pleased to hear that.  He didn't smoke on vacation & never went back to it.  We are all pleased.

I got my Christmas Club check today.

I called Gen on Wed.  The first time I called there was no answer.  Finally got her after 9 pm.  They had been to Edith's for an anniversary dinner, a day late.  Reason, our cousin Frank Carlson died.  He was a year older than I & he had been in a nursing home for several years after a stroke.  He had never married & was an only child.


I really enjoyed reading "The Bookworm".  Read it all.  I'm going to look for Patty Jane's House of Curl by Lorna Landvik.  It sounds so good.  The team Book of the Month sound interesting.  A very interesting newsletter.

Now I'm watching the World Series.  People think it would be good for NYC to win because of  Sept 11.  But I don't think it would be good for baseball.  I'm not that interested.

Oct. 30 - Tues.

I'm so glad you sent me a copy of the Library Newsletter as I found a new author.  The library had 2 copies of Lorna Landvik's books but I took only one as I haven't been reading lately.  I got the Tall Pine Polka & I really enjoy reading it.  Patty Jane's House of Curl wasn't one of the two but I'll keep looking until I find it.  Enjoy the Scandinavian background.  It's fun reading.

Sheila & Sue make a lot of Halloween & dress up.  They will be coming by tomorrow so I have to have some cookies for them.  And our choc. chips are soon gone so this aft. I'll bake.  They take the day off & have a lot of fun.  Sue is also a beautician at J.C.H.  She graduated with Dale.

I clean upstairs (my room & bathroom) Tues. A.M. & later in the aft. we get groceries.  A busy day.  Not much time to read but I got some reading in at breakfast.  Dale just left -- late week -- & I'm ready for a shower.

Upstairs is finished & I'll finish this & mail it when I go over to CVS.  Reason:  Yesterday I had my blood pressure checked.  I saw the Dr. in Sept. & it was higher than usual so the check.  It was still high.  The nurse called this A.M. & I'm to get new pills for a month to see how they work.  So I won't send for them.  In 2 weeks I have to have a blood test & then in another 2 weeks I have to have my b. pressure checked again.  The end of Dec. will be my regular appt. with the Dr.   Now I go every 3 months. Guess he wants me to live 'til 90!

So I'd better get my cookies going as after lunch I'll go to CVS.  Fix a bigger lunch for Dale as this is the Tues. he works til 8.  Usually pancakes or waffles or Fr. Toast & eggs & sausage.  So I spoil him but he is a good guy to have around.  He sees little things to do without being asked so it work both ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment