Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sunday, January 20, 2002


Maybe you're wondering what mom is doing this Sun. aft.  Watching the Steelers run over Baltimore Ravens.  Last nite I watched N.E. vs. Oakland play in the "Snow Bowl" in New England.  What terrible playing conditions.  When N.E. tied the score (11:15 pm) I went to bed.

After church today, we had the annual meeting of the congregation.  We had it downstairs where there was coffee & juice.  Everything went smoothly but there is a lot of work ahead to get back to where we should be.  Then sandwiches, chips, ice cream cups & cookies were served.  We have a good group of members.

Last Fri. I found another 1000 pc. puzzle.  It has lots of color so it should keep me busy for awhile.

Barb got her permanent & she thinks it is too curly but I think it looks nice.

Thus. nite Kim didn't feel good & had a raspy cough.  Sat. Lar walked Torey & came over here so Lary could shovel Carey's walk.  Kim was taking it easy but they went out to eat Sat. nite.  How do I know:  Fran Decker saw them & spoke to them.  She had called me about being one of the hostesses for LCW in April.  Naturally I will.

I thought my company was coming this Fri the 24th but it's not until Fri. Feb. 1.  I am glad for the extra time.

Barb defrosted the freezer last nite so it is in good order now.  For how long, I won't tell!


Tues. Jan 22

I was thinking of going to a 11 AM Bible Study at church but I'm changing my mind. I don't seem to get going this A.M. & it's a pot luck lunch afterwards.  This is Dale's late week & I like to give him a good lunch rather than just a sandwich.  Feb. mtg. should be the early week.  And we get groceries today.

I see the Mets made another trade.  The Brewers got Glendon Rusch who was great in 2000, shaky at times in '01.  Maybe a change will be good for him.  In about 3 weeks the pitchers start spring training.

You'll probably notice Dorothea Lundahl died at the age of 98 years.


After gazing at my floral puzzle I manage to put a piece or two together.  Many shades of pinks & purples really have me puzzled!  I'll be lucky if it's done before my friends come.  But I won't give up. I ican push it back into teh corner & put the rocking chair in front of it.


Wed.

Gen called last nite.  Just wanted to find out how things are here.  She always sound good on the phone.  I almost called you folks Sun. nite but I didn't want to "rub salt into the wounds" after Green Bay lost & Pittsburgh won!  I'm hoping they can beat New England in Pittsburgh.  Of course Gen & Ed are rooting for New England.  They watched the game Sat nite.  Got to get this mailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment