Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Friday, December 21, 2001

Paul Nelson, Mim Benander Warren, Carole Benander Hultgren, Carolyn Swanson Masterson, Don Carlson, Curt Nelson, Gerald Nelson, Roland Swanson


This A.M. I decided to wear my new brown slacks & new blouse.  Saw the Dr. this aft. & all is well.  Blood pressure going down.  So I decided to change clothes & as I was hanging up my slacks (charcoal gray) I saw the brown slacks in the closet.  I took the wrong slack but they matched OK.  Who is getting old!  It was dark when I picked them out this A.M.

We're just about set for Christmas.  Mon. they have a pot luck at Shults & Dale always has to bring the Danish rolls.  So Sun. aft. I'll start 3 batches & finish them Mon. A.M.  54 rolls will have to be enough.  Sherrie, the one who works out the financial end of buying a car, loves them & she'll take home any that are left over.

Barb fixed a nice fox for Lynn & family.  A dozen rolls & 4 kinds of cookies & a few sugar cookies Scott loves -- the ones Eddie likes.  Lynn doesn't bake so they appreciate them & I love to make cookies.

A Home Depot has opened in Jamestown.  In an ad (USA Today) Dale saw something he'd like & plans to go in tomorrow.  We have a little snow on the ground & it is more like winter.  I still walked home from the Dr.   Last nite Lar & 2 neighbors went to Home Depot & Kim was out with the girls, so they left early (last nite).

Usually I'd buy little things to put in the stockings but this year Barb & Kim decided we should draw names to fill a stocking.  A few years ago I didn't get gifts for the stockings & they were disappointed so I went back to it.  It's nice this year but I had already gotten a few things.

I have my meals planned for Christmas Eve & Day but not the dessert, if I want something special.  Can fall back on Viennette & cookies.  I had that last nite.  I've seen a recipe for an egg nog dessert.  Maybe I'll try that.

Bi Lo has been enlarged & fixed up.  Barb says it is really large.  On Wed next, we will go to Bi Lo as Barb thinks I should see it.  I've been making a list but I'm not sure of how things have been rearranged.  Barb says they have changed things around.  More walking & some elderly people don't like it.

I heard from Mim & Tom & got a picture of Jack.  He is so darling & bright looking.  They will be in Beloit for the Holidays.  I'm sure you know that.

I sent money for a memorial for Genevieve to her church.  They have a foundation & the gift was acknowledged.  It said it will be used for something designated by the family.  I'm sure they have special funds but I don't know that.  Dad's memorial money went into "the pot" & I don't know how it was or is used.  That should change.  People should have a say.

Saw Lilith Johnson at the Beauty Shop.  She said Arlene Hornstrom is in Buffalo with John.  She likes to sleep til noon, doesn't take her medications, etc.  She doesn't want to be with Julie or Beth because the husbands make her get up, get dressed, take her medications, etc.  That is too bad.  She has sugar & must take her medicine regularly & on time.  She doesn't care any more.

Today is the shortest day of the year & soon the days start getting longer.  In our area it means it is day light longer.



A nice sunny Sat, the 22nd.

Got your letter today.  That was a nice tribute Mim wrote for Genevieve.

A nice picture of the cousins.  You all look good.  My Christmas card for Charles was returned.


I can't believe how Andy is changing.  He is growing up.  He'll be shaving before long!  Did Eddie ever find his jacket.  You should be able to find one on sale.  Seems like everything is on sale nowadays.

Had a card from Albert, Cyndi & Julianna with a picture of Julianna in a red dress & hat.  Adorable.  It was nice to hear from them.  Albert must be back from overseas.


Your tree looks very nice, and the table as well.  And the fireplace.  Very festive.



We're having veg. soup & pumpkin pie for supper.  Decided on a dessert for Christmas Eve.  It's a lemon pie but different.  You add 1/2 c. sour cream & whipped cream to the pudding once it has cooled.  Lemon is my favorite & since no one came up with ideas I'll choose my favorite.  No meringue but it should be good.

I think St. John Luth. was the church Min & Lila went to.  When Gen was older she decided to go to Our Savior's & joined there.  Sang in the choir & was active.

I'm watching New England vs. Miami & N.E. is ahead & I'm for N.E.

When you wrote about Eric, I wondered why he would have so much money in his wallet.  Maybe he got paid & went to the party.  Someone must have known about the cash & his weakness & set him up.  Guess it 's the same in all generations.

Mon. Dec., oops it's Wed. Dec. 26th.  A mixed up week because of the holiday.

This A.M. Barb & I went to Bi Lo's & it surely is a nice store now that it is remodeled.  They sent out a coupon worth 10.00 if you spent 50.00 or more, & it is easy to do that.  I got steaks to try our new grill.  Gen called just after you did last nite & she had gotten one from Ed.  Millie has one & likes it a lot.  Millie had a check up & she has high blood pressure.  There is something else but Gen wasn't sure about it.  I'll call her & find out.  Gen has problems making a meal -- getting everything ready on time, etc. but she said getting Christmas dinner went pretty well.  Things seem to bother her more now.

Today I'm wearing my blue shirt.  It is very nice & I like the other blouse & the gloves.  Thanks so much.  We were all very well remembered.  Dale got clothes & he likes them.  I got him jeans, a size larger 34-36 (my pens are going dry).  He was pleased with all he got.  So were Barb, Kim & Lar.  Our tree is holding up very well.  I water it every day.

Received a lovely red poinsettia from Lynn & Bob -- a thank you for the cookies.  When Lynn came by, she thanked me.  Bob came by with a check for Barb & he thanked me.  It wasn't that much & I have fun doing it.

The lucious lemon pie I made didn't turn out so lucious.  Too tart.  Lar ate his piece, but I didn't finish mine.

I didn't know if Kim & Lar had plans for Thurs. but they don't so they'll come as usual.  We're going to their house either Sat or Sun nite for dinner.  Most likely Sun. as they have plans for Fri nite & Sat they hope to go to the Home Depot shopping for the tool set.  Dale loves it & Lar was impressed with it.

My work schedule is upset.  Washed towels & a dark load today but I'm taking it easy.  The dust will wait for me.

Fri A.M. the 28th.  Kind of a mixed up letter.  It's 24 this A.M.  After I get my hair done, I'll have to cash a check for Jan. expenses & go to CVS.  We haven't been to the Mall yet.  Maybe tomorrow.  There should still be some sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment