Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sunday, November 4, 2001

Tom and Mim Warren, Rachel (holding Will) and David Morriessy, Ruth Benander, Carole and Arland Hultgren

Another lovely day, altho showers are predicted this aft.

Marv Gustafson was chosen chairman of the Church Council.  They met with the new Bishop & he said he was impressed with him.  Will be very easy to work with.  Quite different from Paull Spring.  So far no vice pastor has been appointed.

I was so thrilled last nite with the Ariz win over the Yankees.  Now if only they can do it today & win the Series.  I hoped Schilling can get the best of Clemens.  His bubble needs to be punctured!

I have a 1000 pc. puzzle on the card table & I should finish it tonite while watching the game.

I'm sending you a picture of Sheila, Sue & friends on Halloween.  Sheila & Sue came by on Halloween & I had cookies for them.  Also I'm enclosing pictures Ruth sent me.

Genevieve Stark, Lila Stark, Mim Warren, Ruth Benander

Barb wants to go to Erie Fri, next, the 9th.  It has to be a nice day -- mostly cloudy weather is forecast.

Your info on the libraries was interesting.  Nice to see how others are doing it.  You guided a new library to be built, & Dad guided a new church.  Good experience.

I'm watching Pittsburgh vs. Baltimore.  Pitts. is doing better this year.  They lost.

Do you remember Harry Nasman -- he died on Sat. just short of his 85th birthday.  Had a daughter Gretchen & can't remember the son's name.  First wife died, married again.  Son is Tom & they have a daughter Linda.

Mon A.M., the 5th



I'm on "cloud 9".  Last nite I stayed up until 11:15 or so & was so happy when Ariz. beat the Yankees.  What a 9th inning for Ariz.  I couldn't have been happier if it had been the Mets!  So many of the guys are in their 30s so it is great for them to get a World Series ring.  Ex Cub Grace doesn't mind the move now.

Howard Ford has been sick & after many, many years, he resigned as St. :Paul's treasurer.  He was treasurer when we moved here, I'm sure.  Or soon after.  It's a big job but the church sec'y does the counting, etc. so that is a big help.

Torey had to go back to the vet.  Lar had to change the dressing & he didn't wind the gauze or whatever & it came off & because he wags his tail so much, it started to bleed.  Kim isn't happy with the vet (this came about last Thurs. when they were here for supper) & Lar said "we're not changing vets."  That upset Kim & she was very quiet during the meal.  She left for her 7:30 Birthday Club.  I'm sure she'll get her way in the end.

This is Dale's early week so I was up at 5:45 after a short sleeping nite.  It was hard getting to sleep after the excitement.

We checked out waffle irons & they weight heavy so I think I'll send money so you can choose your own.  Will that be OK.   How's the list coming?  I need ideas for Eddie's birthday.

Just the usual happenings here.

No comments:

Post a Comment