Monday, July 2, 2012

Saturday, January 27, 2002


Got your latest letter today -- the one about the winter outing of the Scouts.  A nice father-son affair.  A lot happened in a short time-- at least it seemed that way.  You made it sound very interesting.

I just made a batch of chili & it is simmering now.

This a.m. (it's a lovely day) about 9:15 AM, I walked to CVS to get my medications refilled.  We have a new co. to order from & I'm not sure about it.  You have to spend $200.00 before you get any reductions.  The 2 I got today aren't that expensive so I wouldn't save that much.  I can get them thru different drug stores & I need to get Dale to check on the computer to see if CVS is one of them.  I also went to the library to get tax papers so one of these Thurs. Lar can help me fill out my state tax & see if I need to pay any income tax.  I don't think so, but need to check it out.


Yesterday Barb & I went to Jamestown.  When Dale got home he asked me hat I bought.  Not much, a panty girdle at Penney's & compactor bags at Sears.

The Farm Store on the hill as you enter Jamestown is going out of business.  Dale has bought some things & was going there this aft. to see if the prices were any lower.  He's starting his gift shopping already.

I also made 2 loaves of banana bread & brownies today.  I also took a nap this aft.

I didn't finish my thought on Dale asking me what I bought.  I remember when I used to ask him where he was going, etc., he says, "why, are you writing a book?"  No more of that.  He has grown up & is willing to share things now.

I'm watching golf & it's interesting even if Tiger isn't there.  It's on CBS & I like their announcers -- they have some humor.

Noticed in the food ads Emeril's pasta sauce & marinades are available.  Have you tried any.  Are you enjoying his pots & pans.  Anything special about them.


Dale goes to school Thurs. this week.  Another fellow also goes so they eat on the way or in Rochester.  I like that I don't need to make supper on Wed.  They leave after work & this is his early week.  I like that this week as Fri. Feb 1st, my company comes & I need to make sure things are spick & span -- at least sort of .  Getting up earlier gives me a head start.

Congratulations to Eddie on his cartoon.  Very clever.  Bet Andy really looked handsome all dressed up.  Did it give you the feeling your son is growing up, fast!  When we're at the Mall & see a children's clothing store, it doesn't seem that long ago we were buying little boy's clothes & that is way in the past.

Also enjoyed Spoofing Dr. Laura.  Will show it to the gang on Fri.



The Stroll on State Street was interesting.  I could visualize it in my mind.  A little bit anyway.

When Barb makes a smoothie, either for breakfast or lunch, she adds some soy powder for added nutrients.  Gets it at GNC.  She is able to wear some jeans now that were too tight around the waist.

Today Bert took her out to lunch.  They were to go to the Liberty St. Cafe but it was closed due to putting in a new furnace.  So they went to Holiday Inn.  Bert said she still wants to take her to Liberty St. Cafe.

Now it's Sun. Jan 27 and I just wrote to Gen & Millie.  Told them about the Scouting trip, Eddie's cartoon, and Andy's shoe size!

It's 7-3 against the Steelers but it's only the first half.  Hope they can pull it out.   It looks like some fans are in their shirt sleeves.  It is suppose to be in the 50's  Very unusual.

Barb should have been a librarian.  I was looking for a certain recipe & griped when I couldn't find it. Barb said you should be more organized & then you'd find it.  I heard that quite often if I can't find something.  I try to keep my most favored recipes together -- ones that I use the most.

We are all fine here.  Did I mention Torey's tail is completely healed...for about 2 weeks now.

Buff. paper today said they're putting out a "Happy Birthday" stamp on Feb. 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment