Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tuesday, April 16,2002


The pictures you sent of the flowers in Pittsburgh are so beautiful.  It must be a wonderful place to visit.  Your bathroom paint job looks very nice.  Nice to have an ambitious wife & husband duo.


Summer is here for a few days.  Walking over to get a perm this aft. I met a man on the bridge who said "This is more like it.  A couple of weeks ago, I felt like I'd been exiled to Siberia."    It is nice to have curl in my hair again.

I strayed from my schedule this A.M.  Put off cleaning the bathroom til tomorrow but did change my sheets.  After Dale left I made potato salad for tonite along with hamburgers.  Took a shower & didn't do much more.  this aft. we got groceries & I am just taking it easy.


Barb went for a bike ride on her new bike.  The tires needed more air & she had to get a new pump.

She decided she wanted the Cheesy Italian Chicken for her birthday dinner & German choc. cake.  Both are easy to fix.  We'll celebrate on Thurs. when Lar & Kim are here.

Sheffield had its 6th bomb alarm & that day it was raining & they were outside for over an hour.  It took the Sheriff awhile to get there due to another emergency.  Now they are offering a $500.00 reward for information.  Kim said they can't just disregard them because of a law the building must be searched.  The notes are always found in the bathrooms.  The principal said if it doesn't stop, they'll have to make up the time in June.

If this weather keeps up Dale will be getting his "summer car" ready to drive.  He's talked about it.


Bob & Lynn got a car for Marisa to drive & Bob will also drive it.  She is 16 this month but now Bob & Lynn decided she can't drive until she is 17.  She is very sassy, using vulgar language & only get 2's in school.  Barb said she has never seen Marisa study or even read a book.  So sad with all the opportunities she can have.

Last nite Braves at Mets were on ESPN Mon. nite baseball.  Naturally I was watching.  In the 1st inning it was Braves 3-0.  A few innings later it was 5-1.  So I switched & watched Trauma - Emergency Room as it was a new issue.  But I would switch back & forth & miracle or miracles the Mets caught up so it was 6-6.  I stayed up thru the 11th inning & missed the Mets winning run in the 12th.  I was thrilled the A.M. to read that the Mets won.

Seeing I got 34 waist for Dale's new pants, I thought a 34 belt would work but it didn't.  Had to exchange it for a 36 waist.


Now it's Thurs. the 18th & I'd better get it finished so I can mail it on Fri.

Called Millie for her birthday.  Yesterday Gen & Edith took her out for a birthday luncheon & then they went to Edith's for dessert.  Gen still drives but Millie doesn't feel safe with her.  Ed & Gen eat out a lot because Gen can't seem to get a meal together.  She hasn't talked to her Dr. about her condition.  I'm sure there is some medication that could help.

Sat. nite Millie's children are taking her out for dinner.  Millie was surprised as she thinks this is more for a 90th birthday.  Jokingly she told Linda "Maybe you don't' think I'll reach my 90th."  She is 87.

John will be visiting Ed's relatives in Sweden this summer.  They visited in E. Long. & urged him to visit Sweden.

I got some summer tops from the attic & got them washed & ironed.  Summer came early but it won't last for which I'm thankful.  Prefer a bit of spring first.

This A.M. I baked a German choc. cake from a box & the icing is also in a can.  Who is lazy?  Barb said it was OK to use a box cake.  They come out better than one made from scratch.

I can hear the kids out at Jefferson.  I'm sure the buildings get stuffy in this unusual heat.

The paper said 1 in 4 in our county get Soc. Sec. retirement & the young people don't come back after college.  Nothing for them here.  I'm sure that is true of many small communities.

Saw in the state news in USA Today that the Rep. gov. lost 3 of his campaigners -- top men. That doesn't sound good for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment