Friday, July 6, 2012

Saturday, February 2, 2002


Our get together yesterday was very nice.  Forstrums couldn't come as they both had colds.  Ray didn't sound too good when he called.  We were 6 & enjoyed being together.  The meal was good even if I do say so myself.  Since there were 2 pieces of chicken left plus potatoes & veggies Barb & Dale had leftovers.  It was an easy menu, as much could be done the day before.  The last minute I decided to make bread pudding as both Ted & Warren like it & so do I.  Have some left over & I warm it up & enjoy it.

Warren & Anna like your "Swedish" powder room.  I showed them the pictures you sent.

I really like the rug under the D.R. table.  It is so attractive.  Also like the dishes & place mats.  I love dishes & your new ones are so pretty.


Nice picture of Andy -- a really nice smile.  His teeth look so nice.

Barb helped me with the hard, floral puzzle & we finished it.  Now I'm working on another one.  The puzzle Eddie got, looks like a hard one with all the flowers & greens.  I keep puzzles to do again & put all the outside pieces in a sandwich bag so I don't have to hunt for them again.

I never thought much about Martin Luther King day but after reading your thoughts, & thinking about it, I do have to agree with your way of thinking.  It's just a lot of lip service.  Sharpton was on Fox -- he did a lot of talking (noise) but didn't say much.  Couldn't back up his arguments.  Mostly they say what they think people want to hear.  He was talking about Enron.

Talked to Rose this past week & Karen was home to sign divorce papers & will return to Canada.  If it's a guy, he must be pretty special to take her away from her mom.  Rick had a chance for a good move out of Warren, but at that time Karen't couldn't leave Rose.  Now she's getting over 2 operations in a short time (back & bypass) & she can leave her when Rose really would like her here.

Dale was in Rochester Thurs for schooling.  The ice was really bad there, but they got home safe & sound.  Think I mentioned they left Wed. & would eat dinner there.  It turned out they went to Wendy's.  Maybe the other fellow didn't want to spend a lot of money for a meal.

Buffalo really had it bad again on Fri.  Heavy winds toppling trees, wires down, basements flooded & the stores running out of sump pumps & generators to run them, if the electricity was out.  Waves really pounding against the shores.  I watch the NBC Buff. channel.  I like their people best.

If Beloit is in sad shape, Charles can't expect to get much for selling the house.  It will run down more by the time they get to cleaning it out.  Maybe some black family will buy it.  Think Ruth said a lot of blacks were moving into that area.  I know Swanson's sold to a black family in Chicago.

Don't know if you've received the paper telling of the death of Mrs. Reinhard (husband a Dr. at State Hosp.)  Think JoAnna met one of their sons.  I'm sure I remember talking about that.


I envy you when you talk about going to Pier 1, Target, etc.  In contract, Warren has so little & Jamestown isn't much better.

We had a touch of snow on the ground this A.M.  The sun goes in & out & it continues to be colder than the warm temps of the past week.  But it is Feb & we really haven't had much winter.  We have had close to 2" of rain & it soaks in when the ground isn't frozen  1/8" of rain!  Not close.

Mon. Feb 4 - We awoke to 2 snow covered cars sitting in the driveway.  After getting the Sun. apper, Barb neglected to put it away.  Th is is the 2nd time.  I thought after the last time, when it was colder & she had to brush it off, she wouldn't do it again.  Sun. aft I tho't to remind her but that was in the midst of the Super Bowl game.  And what a game.  I was watching Murder She Wrote on A&E but I changed to Fox in the 3rd period & was happy to see N.E. was ahead.  So I watched to the last second field goal & was very happy N.E. won.  What a rookie QB.

I read the news article quoting Paul Nelson on the effects of the budget cuts on libraries.  My son makes me proud!  A thinker like his father.


At 6:30 A.M. the temp was 27 but it will fall during the day so I'll make soup (veg. beef) & apple pie for supper.

Guess a lot of people got Geo. Foreman grills for Christmas.  Both Bensons & Hollertzs did.  Anna H. said one of their daughters was on their 2nd one.

Knock on wood, but none of us have been sick or had a cold so far & I hope the "bugs" stay away.


No comments:

Post a Comment