Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Wednesday, April 10, 2002

Here it is Wed. the 10th & I'm just starting a letter & no excuses. Just lazy.

Tues A.M. I got the bathroom cleaned & clean sheets for my bed before I went to an 11 AM study at church.  We're meeting twice a month now.

We'll celebrate Dale's birthday tomorrow when Lar & Kim come.  But I wanted something different tonite so ordered pizza & Pzone.  Got a classic Pzone & we all sampled it.  I liked it.

After lunch today I walked over town to get some birthday wrapping paper.  I sent to Penneys for Dockers pants & a belt for Dale.  Khaki in 34-36 & a brown belt.  Barb go him a shirt.  Dale checked the pants in the catalog & okayed them.  He chose shrimp fettuccine for his birthday dinner & apple pie for dessert.

Stopped at the library & got 2 books.  Another one by Sandra Brown, The Witness & The Upstart by Catherine Cookson.  It was a beautiful day for a walk.

Watched the Mets defeat Chicago this aft. on ESPN.  Successive homeruns by Alomar & Pizzata Piazza, whose name I should know how to spell!

With all the mistakes it doesn't take long to forget how to write.

As I said on the phone, Sheila loved the leather coat & it fit her so well.  I know she appreciates it so I was glad to give it to her.

Dale saw that the grass in the back yard is ready to be cut.  We had a nice rain yesterday.  Dale is sharpening the blades of the lawn mower so it will be ready to cut the lawn.

This week we'll be watching the Masters this weekend.  It's a beautiful golf course & we'll see if Tiger Woods will play a good game.  The USA Today shows a picture of his new Swedish girlfriend.  A cutie.  Was a nanny for Jasper Parnevik.

It's 10:30 AM Thurs. & I have to brag a bit -- after all I'm 81 years old.  I made the apple pie first this A.M. & I hope it tastes as good as it looks.  Then I showered, got dressed, made my bed, put out the garbage.  Started dinner rolls, then had my coffee & a roll.  Finished my rolls & remembered I meant to make choc. chip PB cookies so I got them made & now I'm sampling one with coffee.  Just 1 pan to wash & then I'm thru.  So I think I have a right to brag!!  Also did a load of wash.

Last nite I stayed up past my bedtime to see the Phillies beat the Braves.  In teh 11th inning with a home run.  Phillies tied it up in the 9th with a home run off Smoltz.  You can be sure I was happy!  And Toronto best the Yankees.  Former Met Venture struck out.

Think I'll mail my letters on Fri. instead of by Wed.

No comments:

Post a Comment