Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday, May 7, 2002


We got the necessary items for Lar's birthday dinner today.  Yesterday we got flowers & this aft. Barb is planting pots.  We chose pansies, petunias & dahlias plus allysum or however it is spelled .  They are looking nice.

This A.M. I made pie crust & banana bread.  Then my usual Tues. duties.  We're having an easy supper -- pizza & salad.  We are trying frozen Freschetta on Kim' recommendation.  They had a pizza party & tried different froz. pizzas.

I wrote what we are getting for Lar's birthday:  cherry beer but you can only get it in Erie & Kim's friend Nancy is going to Erie & will pick it up.  I did find a Snow Baby soccer figure so he has a little gift to open with his special "50 year" birthday card.

Fri. nite we are going out to celebrate Mother's Day.  I never like to go out on Mother's Day as it is usually so crowded.  So I prefer Fri. & we will go to Fernwood -- just out of Warren toward Sheffield.

The children's part of the library looks so nice.  Looking in you see a small arc of computers.  I never go into that room so I just get a glimpse of it.

Scott was telling Barb he is making bombs.  She cautioned him about talking about it in school as he could get in trouble.  She doesn't think it is true as he talks a lot about his ideas.  Lynn had a call from the school about his swearing on the school bus.  Poor Lynn & she wants everything so perfect.

Sat. Kim is planning a party for Lar.  Some of the couples they are with a lot.

I pressed Dale's birthday shirt & tan Dockers in case he wants to wear them Fri. nite.  He usually wears good jeans when we go out.  Now he has another pair he can wear.

I wonder -- I didn't find out what Lar wanted for his birthday dinner as I think he didn't tell me til Thurs. & by then your letter was set to mail on Fri.  I'll report:  turkey breast, sweet potatoes & apple pie.  I wrote to Gen & usually my letters are similar --i.e. news -- so sometimes I don't know what I write to whom.  I also wrote to Darla.  I'm glad you aren't an English prof & grading my letters.  At times they sound mixed up when I reread them.


Did I write I got another Country Cook Book & it has some good recipes.  With all the cook books I have, menu planning should be easy but it isn't.

Next Tues. is the Bible Study at church & I bring rolls for coffee.  Wed. at 1 pm I have a dentist applt & cleaning.  My usual schedule will be upset & somethings won't get done.

What room will JoAnna want to paint next.  Your bedroom color sounds nice.  A good way to get a room housecleaned or spring cleaning done.

Your writing about your library work never is boring for me.  I like to hear what is going on in your lives -- meaning the entire family.

Barb decided she needs more plants  so we'll go for more.

Things are happening in Warren.  Maybe it will wake up people to see that we need to move out of the rut the city is in & that improvements & jobs are needed.  The commissioners are in the hot seat, esp. Hunter.

Mary Ann Carey had surgery on her back in Fla.  They should be home any time now.

Larry & Mike were up in Buffalo a couple of weeks ago for Paula's husband's 40th birthday.  Kim was invited but she didn't go.  Mike & John (husband) became good friends as they were neighbors when they lived in Warren.  John would spend time with Mike.  I think sometimes Mary Ann & Jack come on too strong for John & he needed an escape.

The pizza was pretty good but rather spicy for my taste buds.  Good crust.

Barb gave me a rose plant for Mother's Day.  It will go in with the roses Lar planted years ago.  They are pretty but don't last to pick for a vase.  This one is a regular ever-blooming plant by Martha Stewart so it had better be good.  I might buy a 2nd one myself.  I like roses in a bud vase.  Barb's next job is to hose off the porch & get the porch furniture down from the attic.  Soon we should be able to sit out there & watch the cars go by.

I have to send my health insurance payment in each month by the 25th.  I completely forgot Apr. so it was late.  Now I put the envelopes I have addressed for each month by my church offering envelopes so I won't forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment