Monday, April 2, 2012

Sunday, January 7, 2001

I'm missing church today.  Sat my nose was like a faucet running all today & it is very sore.  It's better today but I decided it's better to stay home.  It's a hard decision because I feel I should be in church on Sun.  Something's missing otherwise.

Larry & Dale don't have that feeling as at 10 A.M. Lar picked Dale up & are on their way to Sam's Club.  Dale decided he wanted a new mattress & saw one he liked there.  The only drawback -- he'll have to get rid of the old mattress himself.  Barb is thinking of getting a new mattress but she will get it locally & they take the old ones.  Dale wouldn't be able to close the Blazer & that would make it too cold driving.

Didn't do anything yesterday but work on my 1000 pc. puzzle & blow my nose.  The hardest part is yet to be put together & I sit & stare at pieces & get 1 here & there.

When Dale took the Christmas tree out, I noticed a paperback on the far side of the table by the davenport.  "K is for Killer".  Maybe I'll read it before I send it back.

Someone from UPS called & said the pkg. was delivered on the 23rd of Dec.  I was home & didn't hear anything.  Naturally I kept looking.  They don't make you sign a receipt.  The post office does when you insure a pkg.  If you're not home they leave a note & you pick it up.

Larry & Kim have been cross country skiing a lot.  They go at the Country Club & Torey runs & loves it.  They usually go with Nancy & Dr. Jay.

I finally got a plastic box just for Christmas wrap & bows.  Got wrap & bows on sale for next Dec. so it's nice to have a place for them.

6:30 & the kitchen is cleaned up.

I'm watching football.  Am rooting for the Giants as Penn State & Wisc. are represented by Terry Collins & Ron Dayne.   Was so glad Baltimore beat the Titans.  I'm rooting for an Eastern team to go all the way.  Games were good yesterday.

Dale's mattress is about 8" thick & makes the bed much higher.  The sheets still fit.

He has the water purifier working & it makes a difference in the O.J. & coffee.

Tomorrow Dale & another co-worker go to Rochester for 2 days.  This fellow is married with 4 children & it's just before payday so Dale wonders if he'll have any money for eats.  I told Dale if he wants a meal other than McDonald's, he'll have to treat him. I think he would.

He also got a bookcase for his room.  Living at home & not married he has more money to spend, esp. since he stopped drinking.

I feel much better tonite than I did last nite.  My nose is still sore -- I could substitute for Rudolph!  We had steak & Dale cooked it.  We have the grill on the porch.  It was very tasty.

Even got more pieces in my puzzle.  It has a fence & those pieces are hard to put together.

Dale left at 4 for Rochester today, Mon the 8th.  He will be back on Wed.  I thought he would leave Tues. & come back on Wed. Thurs.

On Trauma program tonite a Madison Wisc. U Prof. was in New Orleans for a conference.  He got hit by a care & was in a N.O. hospital in bad shape.  His wife is Chinese & has her M.D. but they didn't say if she had a practice.  They have 2 children.  He recovered & they had a medical plane take him home.  He had an English accent.

I finished my puzzle & 1 piece is missing.  I'll have to see if I can find it on the rug.

Will bring this to a close so I can mail it when we get groceries on Tues.



No comments:

Post a Comment