Sunday, April 1, 2012

Saturday, December 30, 2000

My last letter of 2000.  It went too fast.

When I was at the Bon Ton, I saw Mrs. Sandblade & she had spent Christmas at Mary's.  So she saw the family picture & said Mary was glad to see the family picture -- how we look today.  Mrs. thought it was a good picture.

When I started using my new elec blanket, I tho't I'd gotten a "lemon" but it was me.  One nite when I was cold, I felt the other side of the bed & it was warm.  So I figure I'd put the controls on the wrong sides.  Got it fixed & now no more feeling cold.

We had a nice dinner at Kim's & Lar's.  Better include Larry!  She decorates so beautifully.  I did the minimum this year & scolded myself & said do more next y ear.  We have the lights on the porch but I never put up my lighted wreath.  Next yr. I'd like to get 2 wreaths & hang them on the light by the front door.  Was too late to find anything on sale.  Did get 1 box of cards I liked -- half price.  Wished they had more of them.

Haven't heard from Gen altho she said she'd call on Christmas.  I'll call this aft. to see if they are snowed in.  Hartford is in the snow line so maybe E. Long. is.

We have a quiet Ne Year's Eve.  Lar & Kim will go to a party & come here New Year's Day for a turkey
dinner.  Dale got a turkey from work.

Did I say I got a new telephone with caller I.D. for Christmas.  Dale will put it up & I'll call on Tues.

Also Dale got me a "Pur Plus", an undersink water purifier.  Maybe my coffee will be improved but still too weak for Paul.

I'm watching the Weather Channel & they have 2 weather people in the field.  One in NYC & one in Philly & it's interesting to hear their reports.

I'm getting used to the new microwave.  No two are exactly alike.  I like the button to reheat, beverage, popcorn, etc.  And it revolves & the old one didn't.

I've been lazy this past week, but next week I'll get back to my schedule.  Take the tree down & then I can start doing puzzles.

Kim had a delicious chicken dish & I plan to try it.  Will include the recipe as you might like it.  Dale complimented Kim so it is really good!  Told Sheila about it & she said many of "her ladies" use that recipe.  Fri. Jan5 they close the deal on the new house.  She has to have a new car & are looking at a Subaru.  The house is on Jackson Run so she wants 4 wheel drive.  More later.

Watched football today.  Was rooting for the Colts but Miami beat them. Then K.C. vs. New Orleans & what a game & N.O. won.  Was rooting for them but K.C. gave them a scare.

Watched Wisc. beat U.C.L.A. -- it was Friday, I think.  This has been a funny week.  Today doesn't seem like Sat.

Today Dale went to Jamestown to his favorite stores.  At Sam's Club he got a chair for his computer desk.  Also a lined hooded sweatshirt.  He's looking for a winter jacket but can't find one he liked.  Doesn't want it too bulky.

Was looking thru cookbooks this aft. & saw several recipes for the chicken.  Some cube the chicken & some baked it covered.

Now hockey is on -- Pittsburgh vs. Ottawa.  Mario Lemieux is playing & it is exciting to watch.  I think last Wed. nite was his first game back & it was so exciting to watch.  Mario's parents were there as well as his family.  He wanted to have his young son see him play hockey.  They interviewed hi mother.  She said her English wasn't that good but she did a good job.  When Mario came to Pittsburgh he didn't speak any English.  Now he doesn't even have an accent.  He really is a nice man.  (I repeated myself.  It was exciting!)

Sunday Dec. 31

Dale bo't 2 jackets.  One for work & 1 for other wear.  Work is a Cathcartt brand.  Both are nice & were needed in this cold weather.  Told him to throw away the jacket he's been wearing since it's seen its better days a long time ago.

Watched Baltimore beat Denver & will watch the game at Philly.  Not quite time.

Barb bot a boom box with a place for CDs.  She rearranged her room so she could place it closer to the bed & hear it at nite.  She also got her pictures back & for some reason chose a larger size.  Will enclose a picture of Dale's computer & desk.

Notice the candles & the other is something for the computer.  They are speakers.


Tues. Jan 2

Got your letter today.  Had a good laugh when you told about your new hand cream.

Got the tree decorations down today but still need to vacuum but it will wait until Wed.

I'm back on schedule pretty good -- got the bathroom & my room cleaned today.

Kim walked Torey over here this aft.  She had been to get her eyes examined & will be wearing glasses.  Mostly for reading, I think.

The snow is sure piled up by your house.  The trees are beautiful.

Mon. I watched Trauma on TLC all day.

I looked over the recipes on the book I gave JoAnna.  He also has another book they tried to sell me, I though it was a very interesting book besides the recipes.

Got a little in both pension from Dad and Soc. Sec.  My retirement doesn't cover my Blue Cross-Blue Shield anymore so I have to add to it.

Better get this mailed so you'll hear -- if I walk to the mail box.  Didn't get it finished to mail today when we got groceries.



No comments:

Post a Comment