Thursday, April 5, 2012

Friday, January 26, 2001


Did I say Dale made an end table & it came out so nice.  He has been getting equipment to help him make things.  Kim liked it a lot.

Larry is ready to paint the bedroom at camp so it should soon be done.  Still has the floor to do.

Barb borrowed Saratoga Trunk from the library, starring Ingrid Bergman & Gary Cooper & she loved it.  Made in 1945 -- French flavor, so Barb thinks JoAnna would like it.  Have you seen it.  Today (Mon) she got the book at the library.



Gen called this week.  She said she calls John but he is either out or won't answer the telephone.  She is a worrier & feels bad.  I said John is a man and you need to let him go.  I think she realizes that but can't do it.  He might come over more if they let him go.  She wondered if we had a lot of snow, but it missed us.  Went south to the coast.  They had 12".

We heard that Rex Electronic will be in the mall taking the KBee toy store & CVS store so there will be some remodeling.  Also Big Lot store -- Kim & Dale's favorite in Jamestown -- will take over the former grocery store (County Mkt.) by the mall.  Be easier to go there now.  And the theater might reopen.

We've Pepperidge Farm Texas Toast -- Barb & Dale like the garlic toast but I like the mozzarella & monterey toast.

We're getting snow today -- 3-4".  Imagine Lar & Kim went out skiing.

I'm watching golf play in Arizona & it is cold & rainy out there.  Tiger isn't doing so good.

We're having peppercorn pork loin roast.  We had it before & it was too highly seasoned for all of us -- Lar & Kim also -- so I trierd to wash the peppers off but I'm sd help.  Wouldn't you know I got 2 peppercorn roasts at the time & I wanted to use this & get it out of the way.

Sun aft.

Just finished lunch, enjoying coffee & "Murder She Wrote"on A&E & will continue my letter so excuse any mistakes.

Last Fri. I went to the bank to get money for Feb & as I was leaving Dave Blair was entering.  We talked a moment & he asked if you are still in Wisc etc.  I said you are.  I can't get over how old he looks for a young man.  You are still young, Paul!

Kim stopped in yesterday.  She was looking for the "snow" sprayed at Christmas.  She finally found it at Eckhard's.  She went to pay for it & Barb Lucia was arguing about the price of having pictures developed & she had a 2.00 discount coupon.  The bill was over 8.00 & she only pays 5.99 at KMart.  After several minutes she finally paid for them & said from now on I'll go to KMart.  Naturally Kim was getting restless being held up.  Object of the story -- coupons don't always make things cheaper than KMart's price.  I still collect & use them.

After services today, we had the annual meeting.  Everything went smoothly.  After the business, a few had some questions.  Tom Morelli's wife is on the council & she said a few words encouraging others to say "yes" when asked to help.  She is a very capable asset in the congregation.

I changed my menu -- we're having steak for "Super Sun."

Dale has been in bed all day -- not feeling good & sleeping.  He got up to eat dinner with us -- he thought he'd be able to eat -- but he couldn't eat.  He did drink some ginger ale.  He's asleep on the davenport now.

I had the football game on in the kitchen -- Baltimore was on the 1 yard line but I didn't wait to see if they got a T.D. & haven't turned it on here.  Not that interested.  My nose has been running all day -- it must be an allergy.  Dale is awake & wants to watch the game, so it's on now.

Now it's Mon the 29th.  Before Sun. bedtime I fixed soup for Dale & he ate it all.  He went to work today -- still a little wemuch food in his tummy all day Sun.

Do you remember the Rosenquists from church.  The youngest Rick (younger than Dale) was quite wild in his high school days & later on.  Now he is the weekend cook at the Crary Home.   He has had instruction & is a good cook & the people like him & his food.  And he isn't lazy.  Lar has had Rick helping him getting a house ready for rental.  I think they have gotten 3 houses on the block.  Rick is married & has a young son.  She works at Blair's.  Rick has lost his license & can't drive.  His wife goes to the Jehovah Witness Church & they don't recognize any holidays -- Christmas, etc.  I think it is more of an Old Testament church in beliefs.  The weekly cook is lazy & just does enough to satisfy.  They would like her to quit & then Rick could have her job.  Rick tried to have a pizza shop but it didn't work out.  He probably lost money on that.  He doesn't want evening work as he wants to be around evenings for his son.  I think it was Grandma Rosenquist who kept the family together -- the children were confirmed but we never saw the parents.

When I was at the bank last Fri, I mentioned this might be my last time cashing a check -- (closing) -- but the teller said they aren't sure now.  Maybe public outcry set them to thinking about closing it.  Otherwise I go to the East Side or change to Northwest Savings.  That means changing S. Security & Pension checks.

No comments:

Post a Comment