Friday, April 13, 2012

Saturday, March 3, 2001

Last nite I started reading "Light a Penny Candle" by M. Binchy.  Didn't do much today but read & now at 9 pm I finished it.  I enjoyed it so much.  Even ordered pizza for supper so I was really lazy today & it was fun.

Kim stopped by today.  Barb smiled when she read about your dream & Kim said you must have eaten late that nite before you retired.

Got your letter today & one from Gen but hers was very disappointing.  It contained some newspaper articles & a page on what they youth group at church did last Nov. & Dec.  Not a word form her -- very disappointing.


Your ribs sounded delicious.  I've never fixed them -- maybe I'll get courage & try fixing them.  I should use my crock pot more.

Now it's Sun. the 4th.  After church I had lunch, scanned the Buffalo paper, & made out my grocery list.  And I've been watching the Weather Channel for news of the big storm. I was hoping for a nice Mon. as I see the eye Dr. at 8:40 A.M.  So I've been keeping my eye on the weather channel.

We are suppose to get a new channel the 30th of Mar.  National Geographic Channel.  Should be interesting.

Have another book to read Fern Michaels Yesterday.  Maybe I'll start it later this aft.  When I get a good book I hate to lay it down but I can't put off a meal tonite.  I have a good chicken-spaghetti recipe that is easy & tasty.  With garlic bread & a salad it makes a good meal.

Our snow has started -- 2 pm.

At the Mall, they've taken out the wall that divides the former K Bee stores & CVS, so something must be going in there.   A new rumor -- Blairs Store will go into the former Penney's.  There are so many rumors.

I have a couple of pair of slacks to shorten for me.  Barb said they weren't too long but I felt an inch taken off would be better.  Got them ripped out -- the seam -- but that's all.  I'll put it on my list for this coming week.

Barb & Lynn had a discussion on NASCAR racing.  According to Lynn it's a "redneck" sport & it uses too much gas.  Barb disagreed but didn't argue.  But at home she said they have a boat at the lake & Bob drives a large SUV & they take a lot of gas.  That's a different story.

Last nite Barb had to chauffer Bert, Jo Africa & the one who is staying at the Holiday Inn to dinner over town.  Then she picked them up afterwards.  Barb picked Jo Africa up first & she had to sit in the front seat as she gets dizzy in the back seat.  So Bert had to climb in the back seat & that is harder for her.  J. Africa doesn't drive at nite.

Just called Gen -- Ed answered.  Gen slipped on some ice & went down hard & has a very sore back.  Ed had to make meals today.  He wasn't sure if Gen would come to the phone but she wanted to but we didn't talk too long.  She wouldn't go to the emergency room -- it happened on Sat. & now with this storm she might not get there until the middle of the week.  With her bad back, she could have broken a bone.  She'll need an xray, I bet.

Mon the 5th.
Just got home from Dr. Keverline.  I need to have the cataract removed from the left eye.  I chose Apr. 3rd as I hope by then, the weather will be nicer, and everything will be over by Easter.  We didn't get more snow during the night & I was able to walk home.  Just a little frozen rain.  The bridges weren't cleared & the sidewalk over the Hickory St. Bridge is very narrow.  I met a man coming toward me & he wouldn't walk in the deeper snow, so I had to.  The 3rd Ave bridge wasn't cleared either but most sidewalks were.  Our neighbor cleared our walk around 6 A.M.  I'll have to make cookies for them -- maybe around Easter. Snow should be gone by then.  Got home in time to watch Murder She Wrote.  Now I'm enjoying a cup of coffee.

I've gotten a good start on my book Yesterday & it is another good one.  I just finished it & it was so good. 9 pm.  I did make dinner, tho & clean sheets for Dale's bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment