Monday, April 30, 2012

Sunday, May 27, 2001

We're having a rainy weekend. Just a few raindrops on Sat. so that was nice.  I bro't my umbrella to church & it rained when I walked home.  Now at 7 pm it has cleared & the sun is out.

Barb loves driving the new car.

Remember Cris Johnson, in your class.  Her parents were at the retirement apt. on Oak St. Ethel always came to church & she was getting thinner & thinner.  They had to go to the Rouse Home as she couldn't care for herself & her husband.  They had the Johnson [Allegheny] Hotel.  It is now owned by -- can't feet the name to surface -- not the Elks. Anyway they are finishing the addition that was started & never finished.  Looks nice.  More space for eating & dancing.

The Mets were on TV Sat. Sun & tomorrow.  I never tho't they'd win the game but they came to life in the 8th inning & beat the Marlins.  Tomorrow the Phillys are at Shea & I hope the Mets continue to show a little life.

The Crary Home said Larry could get a cell phone so they can contact him at all hours.  He chose the one he wanted-- it attaches to his pants so it will be with him always.  He got it on Fri. & called me to try it out.  Awhile later the phone rang.  Larry had been fooling around with it, & must have hit the redial button & didn't realize it.  A new toy!

Barb has planted some onions, broccoli, & green beans, as well as all the flowers.  The hanging baskets look so nice on the porch.  They hang so gracefully.

We aren't doing anything special this weekend except sleeping in longer in the A.M. & staying up later.

I got 3 library books to read over the weekend.  Have read 2 books already.  I read Catherine Cookson's The Rag Nymph.  I like her books.  Today I finished A Woman's Place by Barbara Delinsky.  The 3rd one is Aspen Gold by Janet Dailey.  I also got a new puzzle & started putting it together.

When I was growing up, we had to help around the house & I always wanted to clean the bathroom & I still like to clean the bathroom.

The TV said AAA is busy making trip tiks as people still want to travel.  Gas would be higher the summer we travel but we'll split expenses 4 ways.  I called for trip tiks for us a couple of weeks ago & can pick them up June 1, so they must be busy.

Memorial Day

This has been a dark, cold rainy day.  Now at 7:10 pm it is clearing a bit.  I've done only the necessary work -- 1 load wash & meals.  I've been working on my jigsaw puzzle.  All I have left is the sky but they are a variety of blues from dark to light.

The Mets couldn't do it today.  Philly beat them. A bright spot Mike P. hit another home run.  Seattle is still the best team & I hope they keep it up.

Dale didn't want to eat with us tonite.  He's cooking his steak now.  Barb & I had salmon. Made oven fries & green beans.  The gas ran out of the grill but Dale had a second can on hand so he'll be able to cook his steak.  He is sued to eating later.

I could have turned on the heat but I didn't.  It's almost June so I put on a sweater.  It shouldn't be furnace weather!

Tues the 29th - 3:50 p.m.

I'm waiting for Barb to come & we'll go grocery shopping.  I think it will be nicer tomorrow, Wed, so I plan to cash a check for next month's expenses & get more stamps.  Also need to get a chamois to wipe off the car so there will be no spots.

All for this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment