Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Friday, April 6, 2001


You "travelog" came on Thurs & I sat & read it all taking about 1/2 hr. Dale had a lunch meeting at work so I wasn't interrupted. I can see you had a wonderful time seeing many interesting places in history. Julianna is so cute & getting big. I can see the boys love their cousin. They looked so in their straw hats. Lots of miles in 10 days.

My eye is till every red but feels good. I have to put drops in it for 4 week. 4 drops a day, then 3, 2, & 1. So I needed more drops as the bottle is very small & sometimes I miss. I was shocked at the price -- had forgotten how expensive they were. $47.25. Was glad I had enough money in my wallet. But eye sight is worth it.


Dale rescued a microwave thrown away at work.  Mainly because he wanted to see what he could do with it.  It was too noisy.  He said they are not worth getting fixed but he had to satisfy his curiosity.

I'm happy baseball is back & the Mets won 2 out of 3 against the Braves in Atlanta.  They were excellent games, well played & exciting.

As the boys get older, I find it hard to find cards I like so I've gotten cards alike for each one.  I'm sure they don't mind as long as they find something special inside.


Sat. aft.

I'm watching baseball -- Cleveland vs. Baltimore.  Tied score 2-2.  We also can get Pittsburgh games & they are at Houston.

The nurse was surprised to see my age.  She asked me "to what do I attribute my looking younger than 80".  I never know what to say, so I say "it must be my Swedish genes".  She also mentioned smoking as an aging agent.

I finally got some ambition & did some ironing after lunch.  Don't iron that often but a few items need a pressing.


This A.M. we went to the Mall.  Penney's closes the 21st.  I found a housecoat with a zipper in front & got it.  40% off original price.  We still look for bargains.  I wore sunglasses inside the Mall as my eye looks pretty ugly but no pain or anything.  Guess I'll have to wear them to church Palm Sun. as much as I hate to.

They've shown Pittsburgh's new ballpark on TV & it looks very nice.  They renamed the 6th St Bridge to the Roberto Clemente Bridge.  They have a great view of the downtown area & the rivers.

Milwaukee's new stadium looks nice.  Any one at the Opening day game.  Will you make a trip to a game?  Maybe when the Braves or Mets play there!  Andy would choose the Braves.

Now I have to change channels & watch The Masters @ see how Tiger Woods does.  Such a beautiful golf course.


No comments:

Post a Comment