Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday, May 25, 1998


We had a nice dinner with Lar & Kim celebrating their anniversary.  We are watching baseball on ESPN, kitchen cleaned up & Lar & Kim left to spend the nite at camp.

Yesterday I got a perm.  Sheila told me Carnahans is closing.  After my appt. I looked & there are sale closing signs in the windows.  Seeing is believing!

Turner's TV is closeod - they declared bankruptcy.  County Mkt. is suppose to be closing, be remodeled & open as another store.  Tops Mkt. wants to get in here.  Time will tell.

Dale didn't work yesterday - they got 3 days off.  He went to Seaman's & got "stuff" for his Blazer.  He still has a little work to do on the El Camino & then he'll start on the Blazer but he's in no rush.

Got your letter yesterday.  Kim & Lar mentioned they heard from you folks.  Will you drive the boys out & return for them.  Things will be different this year.  We eat in the dining room so no T.V. during meals.  Eddie will miss the kitchen table.  We'll put the card table up in  the living room.

Barb has a sore shoulder, probably bursitis.  It's better but she might have to get a shot.

Denny Brader was in church today.  He looks the same - just as heavy weightwise.  Had a chance for a little visit with him.  Heard today we're going to lose our organist but no official announcement.  Sad news as she is so good & organists are a rare commodity.  Back to Denny - he won't be attending your class reunion either.

Roger T. preached today.  He always does a good job & John Check had the liturgy.  We're lucky to have good laymen.  The pastor takes a lot more Sun. off than Dad ever did.  Guess he is smarter than Dad was, or less dedicated to the job.  It's a different generation.

Now it's Tues A.M.  Barb & Scott were just here.  The last day & she is so glad as Scott just won't listen & gets into everything he shouldn't.  For a little kid he has a bad mouth.  He'll be going to the Y.W. 4 days a week.  Bob has Fri. off so he'll have him then.

When I paid my Penney's bill recently at the box at local Penney's they rang it up wrong & gyped me 40.00 & then charged me interest.  When the bank statement came I saw it wasn't my error.  So I got a copy of the check & wrote a letter & the last Penney's statement credited me with the 40.00 plus int.  It pays to check carefully.

Our weather is warming up & so clear.  I'd like to clean our bedroom but it's hard for me to move things out to clean, etc.  I'd like to rearrange the bed but I don't have many choices.

When the boys come they'll want to go in the water at Lar & Kim's.  Old sneakers should do the trick.  If Andy's feet are growing maybe he could wear a pair of water shoe (correct term?) I have & never wear.  The stones, etc. are too hard on the bare feet.  If it's a dry summer maybe the creek will be dry.  We had 3.11" of rain the first few days of May & not much since.

Yesterday we started buying plants for the yard.  Oh yes, I know Pentecost is the last Sun. of the month.  Forgot there are 5 Sun. in May.

As of today, Barb is free for awhile.  I hope some job comes up.  Lynn gave a $100.00 credit from Penney's as a thank you & said she's welcome to come up & see them any time.

I started planting my flower pots by the garage.  Washed them out & filled 3 of them.  I pot reseeded itself - pansies & I dont' know if I should freshen the soil & transplant them.  Tomorrow Barb will get more potting soil & more flowers.

Finally made an appt. to see the dentist & get a cleaning.  The one who used to clean my teeth retired so I'll have a new gal.  It's been too long since I've had my teeth checked.  My appt. is for July 1.  Could have gotten in today but I can't leave Dad alone.  Wouldn't have gone anyway.

Better close.  Need to mail 2 bills but not til tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment