Thursday, October 20, 2011

Friday, May 8, 1998

Didn't write this A.M.  Did some baking instead, & fixed a tuna macaroni salad for supper.  Never know what to have Fri. nite.

This A.M. the doorbell rang & it was a delivery from Ekey's.  Thanks so much for the floral arrangement.  It is very pretty  I will enjoy it.  Thanks so much.

We'll be celebrating Larry's birthday on Sun.  He wants steak & that is easy - Dale will grill it.  Kim will get a cake at BiLo's - they are very tasty - icing not too sweet.  It's suppose to be a rainy weekend.  We've already had more than 2" in May.

Dale bot an '86 Blazer for his next winter's car.  He paid 300.00 for it.  It will keep him busy getting it in order during the summer.  He sold the other winter car to someone at work who bot it for his son.  It is a good car - in good working order with new tires, A.C., etc.

I've been watching the hockey playoffs & they are exciting.  Barb & Kim are watching the Bulls playoffs & are sad when they lose.  We'll eat at 5:30 Sun. & the game starts at the same time.  The TV will be on & if it gets exciting they'll be up & down to see what's going on.  I think Larry Bird is doing a great job as a 1st year coach.  I'd like to see them get to the final games.

Have a new recipe for a Pecan Bar - similar to Pecan pie.  It is do good.  Kim copies the recipe & made it & Larry likes them.  Dad got a haircut this week & I made the bars & gave them to Jerry.  Do that each time he comes to the house to show our appreciation.

Barb came home today & went to take a nap as she didn't sleep well last nite.  We'll grocery shop tomorrow after I get my hair done.

I'm feeling much better so I hope I can get more work done around the house.  Finally vacuumed the L.R. & D.R. rugs.  For awhile it hurt to push the vacuum cleaner, so it didn't get done.

I can see a hummingbird at the tree at the school yard - a flowering crab.  The buds are not quite opened - it is pretty to look at.

Soon time to get busy setting the table, etc.

P.S.  Barb got rid of her headache so we went grocery shopping.  I needed to cash a check but the bank closed at 6.  Barb had money to lend me so I was able to go to County.  San Diego is ahead of Atlanta 3-0 in the 3rd inning.  Hope they get a win - S.D. that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment