Sunday, October 30, 2011

Friday, July 3, 1998

I'm on the front porch again - supper & duties are completed.  Later I'll watch the Mets play in Atlanta.  Am looking forward to the All Star game.

Finally got to the dentist this past week.  Have to go once more to fix an old filling.  The one who cleaned my teeth said my gums are in very good shape for someone my age -- meaning an old lady!  Kept putting off calling for an appt, then my leg bothered me so it added up to 2 years since my last visit.

Barb has started scrappe - how do you spell it - to scrape the3 wood by the windows on the porch prior to painting.  She got the pain today.  Hopes to complete the job by your visit.

Today I got my hair done at 12:30.  Afterwards I went to the bank for my monthly needs, got Dad a pair of slippers & went into D&K, a favorite place to look at "Stuff".  It's in the old Murphy store now & much brighter.

We're going to Lar & Kim's on Sun - about 4:30 for a cook out.  That will be fun.  Hope Dad will be willing to stay awhile.

Usually we get groceries Fri. nite.  But Dale said Barb could bring the van up at 5 pm for an oil change.  The stores are opened tomorrow so while others are at the parade we'll to go the Mall & grocery store.  Will be less crowded.  Parades were fun when you kids were little.  Now it's a different story.  In today's paper it pictured chairs already in place for the parade.  Nothing like being an early bird.  Did you renew your subscription - if so, you know what I'm talking about.

Your letter came today - talk about busy people.  Seems like your days aren't long enough.

The other nite when I was washing dishes, I noticed someone was in Dale's car - but I tho't Dale was working on something.  A few minutes later I see Dad getting out of the car, so I went out.  He wanted to know where the keys were.  Told him it was Dale's car & besides he doesn't have a license anymore & doesn't drive.  He didn't believe me & got upset with me.  Doesn't like it that I take things from him!

Barb spent 5 hours (2 1/2 hours each) weeding at the library.  The 2 parts by the parking lot.  Her civic contribution.  Wonder if the new director is sorry he ever got into this mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment