Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Friday, May 1, 1998

May 1st.  Hard to believe 2 anniversaries this month.
My leg is improving but still gives pain.  One of these days i"ll get out.  Sun. at church they're having a pulpit exchange & the past at St.l John preaches at St. Paul & I'm still hoping I can make it.

Dad has the 55th anniv. of his ordination coming in June & the Bishop called to remind Gary of this.  So a shower of cards was suggested as Dad can't get out.  The pastor & a council member will bring them over that Sun. nearest the date.  Hard to believe it was 5 yrs. ago his sisters were here & you & the boys to help celebrate.

Next Thurs. we were to have our friends here but I called it off.  Haven't been able to keep up the house & didn't feel up to doing it.  They'll come later in the summer or fall.

Dr. Vance (chiropractor) is an antique car fan so we got to talking about cars.  He said he gets old cars, fixes them up & after awhile he sells them & starts over.  He said one of his cards needed transmission work & I mentioned Dale works on trans at Shults.  He said I hard Shults has a good transmission man - your bro!

The flowering trees are in bloom & are so pretty.  Leaves are in full form - unusual so early.  Last Sat. Dale gave the front porch a good scrub.  Now we need to get the porch furniture out.   Been warm enough to sit out there but so far we haven't as sitting is something that is too uncomfortable yet.  But it's better as I'm sitting at the kitchen table.

Someone has been calling & there is just dead air.  Wed. nite I decided to have a little conversation & hung up.  Thurs. they called & I talked again & I heard a click so someone is there.  Dale answered another call later on & hung up when no one answered.

Our lawn looks good - over 5" of rain in Apr.  Barb is diggin up dandelions & wants to fertilize.

Coffee time coming up & I'm washing 3 loads so much check the dryer.

P.S.  Last Sat. I got books at the library to relieve the boredom.  Stranger at Wilding by Madeline Brent (pub. '76) & I enjoyed it so much & The Come On by Margaret Yorke & it was good.  Easy reading & entertaining.

Another P.S.  Fri. nite.

Went grocery shopping aftger supper & it felt good to get out.  Maybe Mon. nite I can get to the Mall.

Got your letter today.  Interesting to read of your "tussle" with Andy getting him to do his homework.  It made me smile Paul with you experieicing the fun of children.  What goes around comes around & helps you understand what your parents went thru with 4 children.  Altho I can't remember pushing you too much.  Maybe my mind is slipping!  Mostly I remember trying to get you to practice the piano & you didn't want to.

No baseball tonite but playoff hockey.  Both Pittsburgh & Buffalo are doing good.  I lilke announcers Gary Thorne & Clement (can't remember h is 1st name) best.

No comments:

Post a Comment