Monday, October 3, 2011

Tuesday, October 14, 1997

I'll start a letter & add to it as time goes by.  It's hard not being able to sit down.  Haven't been able to go to church or do much of anything.  Hoping is trying so you'll have to buy your own birthday gift this time Paul.

It's been awhile since I wrote - did I write we have our new elec. box & it is so nice.  Sometime in the winter Lar will do some wiring for us.


Thanks for the boys' pictures.  They came out real good.  Andy looks a little "heavier" when compared with last year's picture.


The landscaping by the D. R. windows has grown together & is too big.  So Lar will remove some of it & replant.  That will be our birthday gifts from Lar & Kim.  He'll use smaller pieces.

The people across the st. landscaped the corner by Conewango & 3rd.  It is around a big tree, terraced like & so attractive now.  Hard to describe but you'll see it on your next visit.  They used old cement as dividers - hard to visualize but very attractive.

Jack Carey's mother died & the funeral was the 10th.  Lisa & family came & so did Susan but not her husband who had to be in court.  Sat. Carey's left for Fla. for a month's stay at their condo.



Now it's Sun (19th) & I still can't sit.  Today my rear is especially sore - think I did more walking than I should have.  If I can't walk that will be a big disappointment.  I'm using the Micro as a desk now while I'm standing & writing.  Other times I use it as a table to eat.  Later in the day I can sit a little while.

The Xrays showed a thickening by the disc in the back so I'm taking Naprosyn twice a day.  Guess I expected a miracle as it hadn't helped that much.



Arlene Hornstrom stopped by with a birthday card for us as she had been in Buffalo with Julie & family.  There was 20.00 in the card & the thin Swedish molasses cookies which I love & Halloween M&M's for us in a bag.  She's always been so good to us.

Finally heard from Stella - she is now in a 1 room apt. in Mpls. & gets 2 meals a day.  It was so good to hear from her & to get her new address.  I wrote a note to Signe as she sent Dad 10.00 in his birthday card & a note to Arlene.  So now I'm ready to rest while on my back.

Oh yes, the Marlins won - hope they take the series, but I hope Cleveland might.

Oct 24.  Better get this mailed.  Good news about Eddie.  Some just take longer to adjust.

We send our love to you all.



No comments:

Post a Comment