Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday, November 19, 1997

We've had snow today but not enough to shovel.  Enough to let us know winter is on the way.

Dave Blair called to check on your address, Paul.  It is your 30th high school reunion next summer. My, but time flies!

Larry & Kim come over for supper every Thurs.  It gives me something to look forward to & to plan a little beetter meal -- dessert, etc.

Dad got a haircut today.  Jerry comes to the house so I have cookies for him.  He is divorced for the 2nd time.  She wanted to be free to date, etc.  He has the 2 girls & is a good father & nice guy.

Cathleen Rossey died & was buried on Tues.  Cancer.  She hadn't had a checkup since Randy was born & then the cancer was too far gone.  Her oldest son Rex is Barb's age & Randy a few years younger.  She was 72.

Carey's are back from a visit to their condo in Fla.  Lar said they want to downsize - meaning to get a smaller house.  So I wonder if we'll have more new neighbors.  Lots of changes.  It's a nice home.  Mary Ann once said she'd sell it for $150,000.

My washer, dryer, & dishwasher are about 15 yrs old.  And I want to get new ones while I still have some of Edna's money she gave me.  Barb said she'd like to change the paper in the laundry area so I'll let her do the work.  She doesn't like that paper.  The cupboards need painting.  Sanding & painting.  It will be nice to have quieter appliances.  Lar will take the washer & dryer to use for his dirty work clothes.  Haven't looked around.  The Maytag have required very little maintenance but I'd like to checkout Sears.  A Sears appliance store is suppose to open in the complex where Struthers was.

Walmart talked about having a store in Starbrick but the plans fell thru.  The property is too swampy.

I got my Christmas club cehck so I'm ready to start shopping.  Have done some already.  Suggestions are needed!! Family gift or separate for Paul & JoAnna. I've got to start checking tree lights as we put the tree up after Thanksgiving.  Then Christmas cards, etc. etc.  A fun time.

Again we want nto say we're very proud of JoAnna & what the article had to say.  How did you get so lucky Paul to find such a wonderful wife, as well as have 2 fine sons.  You have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, as we do also.

No comments:

Post a Comment