Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Friday, October 31, 1997

Gen sent me a couple of newspaper articles that might interest you.  So I'll start a letter.

Larry is working by the D.R. side of the house.  Taking the last fir tree down - it is still living so he'll plant it at camp.

Barb told Lynn she wants to quit working for her the end of May.  She gave her a long notice so she can find someone.  Scott won't believe it & Marisa wrote Barb a note asking her not to quit.  Barb wants to take it easy for awhile - she plans to paint the front porch.  The basement is just about finished & looks nice

I have 60 pieces of candy for trick or treat.  If that's not enough I'll turn out the light & close the drapery.  It's Fri. & weather is very nice.  Our hours are from 6-8 pm.

I got 50 lbs of potatoes at Hatch Patch & a bushel of northern spys.  Could use another 50 lbs of potatoes.  Today is the last for Hatch Patch so I could still get some.

Now it's Tues the 4th.

We had about 60 trick or treaters in 2 hrs.

Yesterday I had the stitches taken out - the growth on my arm - it was benign.

I also called my Dr. to tell him the Naprosyn wasn't helping the pain.  So he put me on another medicine & I think that will help after just 1 pill.  No pain - just soreness.

Have you checked the Jamestown newspaper lately.  You should hear someting about Pa. elections & how our library fared.

Larry finished the planting by the D. R. side of the house.  Looks nice.

Am wondering what your plans for Thanksgiving are.

Dale isn't going to drive the white car in the winter so he has to look for a garage to rent for the El Camino.

[Enclosures]

No comments:

Post a Comment