Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Friday, April 24, 1998

The library delegation with Gov. Tommy Thompson at a bill signing

My leg is hurting again.  Since I can't take pain pills (break out in a rash) I decided to go to the chiropractor.  He is very careful in the adjusting & he also gives a heat massage.  His wife does that.  Dr. Vance & he is very good.  He wanted to see the X-ray I got last fall & the hosp. forwarded it.  He told me it shows I had 2 small bone fractures in the upper back & wondered if I ever felt any pain there.  Never did.  Probably came from lifting & they healed themselves.  Also shows a little arthrightes (sp. too lazy to check) & the sciatic nerve is what gives me the trouble.  According to last fall's time I have 2 more weeks to go.  Missed Easter Sun. church & last Sun.& I doubt if I could sit thru Confirmation Service next Sun.  Barb gets the groceries so I'm housebound & it's beginning to show on my "short fuse", losing patience with Dad & that doesn't help him.

Last Sun. we celebrated Barb's birthday & in 17 days we celebrate Lar's.  Ethel Johnson always asked about you Paul.  She said Chris will be coming for the reunion - they live in Fla.

I saw a cotton knit dress in Chadwick's of Boston catalog.  I like the min color but a gal at church has one that color so I'm choosing the apricot.  Will send for it this week.

A&E TV has "The Equalizer" at 10 AM a couple of times a week & I like to watch it.  It's on right now.

Barb has planted lettuce & peas & has more lettuce to plant plus spinach.  She is looking for ward to some good salads.  Also plans to plant beans but has to wait til it warms up - the end of May.  It warms up during the day but nites are still very cool.

We got your last letter & it was interesting reading.  Felt sorry for JoAnna & for all the work she did on the election.  But I'm sure the experience was worth the effort.  You didn't mention Eddie's special reading classes.  We are wondering what is happening there.  When does their baseball season start.  Milwaukee is doing great.  Will you get to any games.  Did JoAnna get to the home opener.  Did you hear the Mets want to build a new stadium where the Brooklyn Dodgers used to play.  But I didn't hear how it will be financed.  Go Mets!

Soon lunch time & my leg is telling me I've sat long enough.  But I wanted you to hear form us.

No comments:

Post a Comment