Saturday, October 8, 2011

Wednesday, December 3, 1997


How was your trip?  Fun I bet.


I've been busy this week.  Sun. Dale bro't the tree down from the attic & we got it up.  Mon. I decorated it & bro't some other decorations down to put around the house.

Tues. aft. I started wrapping gifts so we could have more space on our bedroom, esp. by my side of the bed.  In between I got notes written on Christmas cards.  So I'm caught up.  Need to make cookies & cardamon rolls for next Thurs. & our retired pastor friends.  I'm having a chicken casserole; am trying a salad I saw in one of my magazines.   Uses cranberry sauce in jello.  Use lemon jello for 1 layer & cranberry jello for the other layer.  Sounds good.  For dessert cookies & ice cream roll from Schwans.  The ice cr. is rolled in nuts & is good. I almost cancelled, but my leg is much better so I changed my mind.  I enjoy company.  Last weekend Lar & Kim spent Sat. nite at camp.  Cleaned & put up an artificial tree.  Kim says it looks so nice.  She got it last year 1/2 price after Christmas.  Made ornaments for it.


Concerning gift ideas.  Dad can always use an everyday shirt.  I would suggest for me small silver button earrings.  Barb size is small or 10.  She also mentioned she'd like a medium black purse.

Now it's Sat.  We have snow but not enough to shovel.  Glad we're not closer to Erie as they got 12" or more.

This A.M. I mailed a card to Sweden & one to Japan & the ones that go to the Western States.  A relief to have the cards ready & decorations up.


Yesterday (Fri.) I made cardamon rolls for Thurs. & 3 batches of cookies.  Will make a bar cookies for next Thurs. the first of the week.  Dad sees the Dr. Mon. Aft. at 2:30.  I clean upstairs in the A.M.; downstairs on Tues. & have Wed. to get things ready for Thurs.  The casserole is one made the day before & refrigerated so there isn't that much for Thurs A.M.  They come at noon.

Sun A.M.  Dad & I have had breakfast & he's watching a musical carol program (choir, solos, etc.) on A&E.  Dale is shovelling as we had close to 6" of heavy snow.  Erie had 27", North East 31".  We (Wrrn. Co) made it on the Weather Channel.  They had a weatherman at Dunkirk, N.Y. as they've had a lot of snow.  They send personnel to various weather spots lately.  Imagine you've seen it.  Fla. doesn't sound too warm for your visit.


We have 5 boxes to mail this week.  We'll have to start thinking small gifts when we have to mail them.  The gray box is Eddie's birthday gift.  There is another one tucked in one of the boxes.  The box with red bows isn't wrapped inside so don't open it until you open gifts!

Now it's Mon. before supper.  This aft. we sent 5 boxes via U.P.S.  So be on the lookout Paul at the library. It's a relief to have that done.


Dale didn't give me any titles for CD's but that's a suggestion.  We'll call over the if we get ideas.

Want to mail this tonite when we go to County Mkt.



No comments:

Post a Comment