Monday, January 20, 2014

Saturday, January 7, 2006


Your letters are always a highlight of my day.  I chuckled when I read of your banana bread adventure.

Both Kim & I suffer from a crack in the thumb but only once so far this winter for me.  CVS advertised Burt's Bees cremes.  I got the cuticle cream & had cream & the cuticle cream helped to heal the crack & rough fingers as well as soften the cuticle.  The crack didn't fee sore as long as usual.

Alice Nasman called me this A.M.  I have to go back to New Year's Sun.  When I arrived at church I couldn't see anyone entering or any cars driving into the parking lot.  So I wondered if the holiday service had started at 10 A.M. & I didn't want to be that late so I returned home. Mon. at the Mall I saw Irma Thelin & she said someone saw me & wondered if I had gotten sick.  So I told her my story.  Then this A.M. Alice called & said she dreamed about me & woke up crying.  She thought I didn't go to church because I was made at her.  So I told her my story again.  I assured her I was not made at her & my not going to church was my fault entirely.  So we talked 45 min.  Twice she said "I'll let you go" & started in again.  I feel she needs someone to talk to so I let her talk & say yes, uh huh, etc.

The bare Christmas tree is still standing.  It is up to Dale to take it down & put it away.  (He did!)

When the car doors lock, one of them make a terrible noise.  The lock needs to be replaced. Dale ordered one at a cost of 39.00.  But if I had to take it to Shults to have it repaired, the cost would be 69.00 plus the labor.  So I'm lucky to have Dale do it.  I just pay for the lock.

This A.M. I used a ripe bananas & made ban. bread & also blueberry bread.  Th en a pumpkin pie to go with homemade beef-veggie soup, now simmering on the stove.  Our meal for tonite.

Kim & Lar will come on Wed. nite for awhile as Lar will be going to Lakewood with 5 other guys to play soccer.  For a couple of months or so.

The dishes from Lar & Kim were 3 boxes, service for 4.  2 of them are still under the tree. The big problem is where will they be stored.  Barb wants me to buy more shelving for the basement to store them there.  She loves the dishes & it was at her suggestion  they got them.  They are pottery & heavier to handle.

After lunch Barb came into the kitchen smelling very strong & Dale commented on it.  Of course that didn't go over with Barb.  What I'm trying to say is her perfume is very potent smelling.  Her response Dales does things I could complain about & then she does -- to me. I let it go in one ear & out the other.  Life is funny.

Just finished talking to Gen first & then Millie.  Don't have much of a conversation with Gen but Millie & I talked quite awhile.  Both had nice holidays.  Millie is glad to be closer to Linda & sees a lot of her.  She was telling about a lady who is 106 years old living in an apt. there.  She is still very sharp.  Reads, knits, etc.  But she told Millie, she is getting tired.

Thurs A.M. Jan 12

This A.M. Dale said it seemed like Fri because Lar & Kim were her last nite.  I agree but it is nice to have a day without much to do.

Tues. Barb spent the day in bed because she didn't feel good.  Not the flu like Dale had.  Wed. she was OK./

It is feeling spring-like but we know it is only Jan & we can expect more cold weather.  We are enjoying it while it is here.

The young couple across the st. have finally moved in.  It is nice to see lights over there again.  The little house is still empty & not much work is being done on it.

Dale got the replacement lock & put it in, so now we won't have that noise when the doors lock.

We've been watching some good movies on TMC.  Don't recall all the titles but enjoyed Now Voyager a lot.  Think it starred Bette Davis.  Sunset Boulevard was on but I couldn't get interested in it, but Barb enjoyed it.  I did look to see Gloria Swanson for a bit.

Fri A.M. the 13!  The other nite I watched the end of Wi. at Minn. basketball & it was an exciting finish with a win for Wi.

Hope to mail this at the Mall this aft.  One more nice day -- will winter return?  I like it how it is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment