Saturday, January 25, 2014

Tuesday, January 17, 2006


Just think in another month training for baseball & pitchers will be starting.  Happy Day.

The Steelers beating the Colts last Sun. was a thriller, but also hard on the heart, but the Steelers were the winners.  Can they go all the way -- only time can tell.

No school yesterday, a snow day, so Barb & I went to Jamestown.  Roads clear, no snow. Is this really Jan.  I found 2 stops at Sears, Land's End brand.  One a knit top & a blouse -- a nice print for spring wear.  And marked down a good amt.  At Bon Ton I looked at towels on sale.  Chose 2 large bath towels, a lite blue selling for 20.00, marked down to 9.99 plus 20% off.  They ended up coasting 7.50 each.  should have gotten 2 more.  I love nice towels but I don't use the3m for myself.  Bon Ton has some good sales.  If we go to our Mall alter this week, I'll look to see if they have the brand I got in Jamestown.  Towels, I mean.  Wish they had better blotching for older women.

I recognized Andy shooting from the free throw line.  Thanks for the paper.  Oh, in the Tues USA Today letter section, there is a picture of Sen. Russ Feingold with 2 other Dem. senators.  Nice to see a picture of someone I've heard about from you both.  A solid looking game man.  Guess sports is still on my mind.)

Last Sun. Alice Nasman called & said it was too cold for me to walk to church, so she would pick me up.  She wanted to drive me home, but I begged off, saying I needed that little walk as I would be sitting all aft. watching football.  Hope I didn't hurt her feelings.

Also yesterday I did my grocery shopping at Wegman's.  It is a large store & I still don't know where everything is, but it is nice to shop there because of lower prices.  Milk is much cheaper in New York.

This is Dale's long day.  Made lasagna for supper Mon. nite & we'll finish it tonite.  Dale says it tastes better the 2nd day.  I think it tastes good anytime.

This month we've watched a lot of movies starring Robert Montgomery & have enjoyed them a lot.

I just got some ironing accomplished & this AM, I washed the floor, so I wasn't completely lazy today.

Thurs, Jan. 19

My check book was off but I found my mistake so I feel better now.  It never tallies but this time it was off too much so I checked it out.

Tonite I made my favorite meal -- meat loaf, scalloped potatoes & cabbage.  Dale won't be home til later -- he's working on his winter car.  It's bad enough that sometimes I don't know what to make for supper,k but last nite I dreamed you folks were visiting & I couldn't decide what to make for dinner.  It was a dilemma for me. I woke up before I decided so I'll never know.

I'm watching a Humphrey Bogart & Lauren McCall Bacall movie & it is interesting.  Don't know the title as I came in after it started.

I want to mail this when we go to the Mall after I get my hair done tomorrow A.M.  No special news this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment