Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sunday, June 14, 1998


It is really cool & cloudy & we've had rain this weekend which was sorely needed.  But where is our warm June weather.  The next letter I could complain about the heat.

I've been reading again & have come to the conclusion that some authors are like preachers.  They hem & haw, repeat themselves & don't know when to say AMEN.  I always remember what one pastor said - "It's no use preaching when the congregation has said Amen."

Barb is painting the laundry area.  Took off the wallpaper etc. & has part of it completed.  A beige & the cupboards will be a shade lighter.  Will look nice.

Last letter I said my dryer wouldn't work.  When Dale tried it, it made a noise & then no noise & the dryer was O.K.  A coin or something must have gotten in & somehow slipped out.

Fri. nite Barb & I went to Sears & I spent more of the money from Edna.  We're getting a Maytag washer, dryer, & dishwasher.  The W & D will be in the 17th - Lar will take away the old ones & when the painting is completed we'll get them delivered.  The dishwasher won't be in til the 29th.  No more noisy equipment.  Lar wants the old W & D so he can wash his dirty work clothes (mud, dirt, etc.)  He'll put them in their basement.

Barb got a gallon of paint & will have some left over.  So she wants to tear off the Back entry paper & paint it the same color.  She can do as she pleases as long as I don't have to.

The baseball game sounded like fun.  If it was on ESPN, I'm sure we watched it.

Kim had 30 teachers at the baby shower for 2 of the Sheffield teachers at camp.  They loved the house.  By the steps from the deck, Lar built a brick sidewalk using the bricks from the chimney from the old bldg.  Kim said it looks so nice.  We'll  have to take a ride out there.  The den is all done except for the final floor.  A rug is covering it for now.  Lar's too busy with extra work.


I just had a little nap - my eyes wouldn't stay open.  Now the Braves vs. Montreal are on T.V.  It looks a little brighter outside.  (I sure now "now".)

Dad received about 50 cards for his 55th anniv.  Reading the cards bro't tears to his eyes.  The pastor bro't the cards over & he stayed awhile to visit.  I asked about his oldest daughter who finished an additional degree.  She hasn't decided on a job yet.  She visited Beloit College - a job as asst. of student housing.  They asked her are you a Christian.  When she said yes - they replied you wouldn't like it here.  We allow drinking & drugs on campus.  Then when she went into the cafeteria to eat 2 women were "making out".  So she wouldn't be happy there even if the pay was much higher than other offers.  I was surprised to hear that & I'm sure Melinda wouldn't exaggerate.  What do you think .  I was surprised.

Strawberries are ready for public picking now.  We bot some yesterday & they are so delicious.  Had shortcake last nite.  Barb & Kim hope to pick some.  I won't be able to - my leg won't take it.

When I got home from church today, Dad said "Why did you tie me into this chair."  Needless to say, I didn't.  Sometimes he has trouble working the lift chair.  His fingers don't have the strength or he can't find the cord.

Mon A.M.  Have a few minutes before I get lunch.  Got 4 thank you notes off as 4 members put a money gift in their card.  Also wrote a note to Bertha Nelson who had a niece send a card to Dad.

It's another cloudy day.

Barb has parts of 2 walls completed in the laundry room.  A darker beige & will have lighter cupboards.  The color is nice.  Glad she likes to do that as I don't.

Barb & Kim are on Cloud 9.  Bulls Win, Bulls Win!  Now will the team break up.

Better bring this to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment