Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday, April 26, 2004


I would love to sit in the reading room & have a good book in my hands & a fire in the fireplace.  What a dream.  It is a beautiful room.

Barb received your birthday gift.

I think my cold is finally over.  It's been a cough that lingered.

Congratulations to Andy for getting a summer job.  It will be a good experience.  I'm sure we'll see a big difference when we see him next.

That was a surprise about Eric getting married.  Maybe this will settle him down.  It will be an interesting weekend for you.

Last week I made an effort to make menus for the week.  Last Sat. we had a pot roast made in the crock pot.  It was delicious.  I broke it yesterday -- I was lazy & ordered pizza.  No one objected.  Will follow it the rest of the week.  Chicken broc. dish tonite.

Tomorrow we vote -- lot of it is local & statewide.  We vote at Holy Redeemer's Center -- not part of the sanctuary.  Large enough for 3 sections.  I dread the elections for pres. because of all the dads on TV & the phone calls.

My poor Mets, but then the Yankees are nothing to write home about, with their big budget. George must be having fits.  The West Coast N.L. are doing pretty good.  And I like to watch Fla play.  The Braves beat them last nite.

Tues the 27th 6:30 pm

I feel like I could take a nap but I don't want to as then maybe I wouldn't sleep when I go to bed.  Haven't done much today.  wavered between going to Bible Study this A.M. or fixing lunch for Dale on his long day.  Went to Bible Study.  Left froz. spaghetti & meat sauce & garlic bread for Dale to fix.  Also fixed snacks for him. Then Barb took me to vote.  A Todd Nyquist from Youngsville, who is running to take Jim Lynch's place as he isn't running again, got my vote.  Pres. Bush was on the ballot but I didn't push that knob.  Voted for Arlen Spector because he is more liberal than the one running against him.  You can't change an old dog -- I'm still a republican.  After that I just watched my soaps & Perry Mason.  Nothing was accomplished.  Tomorrow I"ll have to make up for it -- the big job will be washing the floor.  It is dirty.

I received an invitation to Eric's wedding.  I wrote her address down so I could send a card & gift but I can't find it.  I thought I wrote it on the back of the invitation but it isn't there.  I might have to call you or I could send it to Eric.

Bob & Lynn bot a four wheeler but it's been at work.  Scott can't wait to ride it.  Now it is at home & Scott hopes to ride it tonite.  He said I'll set the table for my Mom & Barb helped him where to put the glasses, napkins, etc.  Wonder if he got to drive it.

Dale is finishing his supper.  Waffles, scrambled eggs & sausages.  Another departure from my planned menu.  I was going to try a new recipe, a rice & shrimp dish, but I couldn't find any shrimp in the freezer.  I'll move it to next week.  I also had a waffle & scrambled eggs earlier.  I've been watching The FBI on the Discovery Channel .  How can people be so bad & so evil?

Wed the 28.  Someone in your class died.  Jeannie Smith.  54 years.  Look for Wed Apr. 28 paper for obit.


Thurs. 29 Apr.

The Dr. called during dinner time & Barb has cancer & it will mean removing the breast.  She is taking it very hard.  We don't have any details yet.  But she will have to have kemo first. Lar & Kim were here & that helped.

I'll call when we know what will happen.



No comments:

Post a Comment